300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPD test same day as Riverside

What do you guys make of this? Could be a good shot at a suburb with almost everyone testing at CPD. I'm expecting a very low turnout at Riverside that day.

Make your decision based on where you'd rather be, not who you think is testing. I have never tested for Chicago and I guarantee someone at Riverside will say the same thing and they are gunning for your spot whether you show up or not. If you get Riverside and will be stuck saying I wish...I wish...I wish...you lose in my opinion.

Comment

Well me personally I am going to be at Riversides test. I think with everyone going to CPD test the same day the turnout is gonna be real low and a much better chance. I am more into the burbs.

Comment

...then what was the point of this thread? I guess you're planning on no one else getting this light bulb idea that you have. By the way..is Riverside hiring? Do you know how many they are hiring? How is turnover there? Any room for growth?

Comment

Just remember.. if you pass all exams on a suburban test you will wind up dying on a waiting list unless you are in the top few spots.

If you pass all the exams in Chicago YOU WILL get hired eventually.

Chicago has been known not to give a new Exam until all the names on a current eligibility list have been exhausted.

Comment

I missed the CPD deadline, personal issues. However I wish I could have applied! I am currently in the debate of going to Riverside or Maywood. Maywood is using selection works testing service, which is okay... Riverside is using is using PSR, "better in my book." I guess the magic question is any one hiring? lol I agree that in the suburbs you have be on the top to be looked at but the suburbs and Chicago are two different scenes. I as well live in the suburbs.

Comment

Not going to test with the city who will certify hundreds. But you'll test with a suburb who will probably just look for certified to save money anyway, lol.

Comment

More people leave Maywood for greener pastures that leave Riverside. More will be hired off Maywood's list than the 1 or maybe 2 from R-side. Upside is, you can eat your lunch in Riverside vs eating at Harold's #243 or Steak & Lemonade in M-wood.

Comment

Does Maywood even hire for full time? I always see their postings for certified and laterals for part time work.

Comment

Do You want To Write Parkers All day Go To Riverside. If You Want to Get Drugs at will. Guns, homicides, dui at will, etc. Real Police work Go To Chicago

Comment

About 140 tested two years ago. They interviewed top 24.....threw the rest of the names out. You have to pass interview to make it to the list.

Comment

Originally posted by jailguard... View Post
                        Do You want To Write Parkers All day Go To Riverside. If You Want to Get Drugs at will. Guns, homicides, dui at will, etc. Real Police work Go To Chicago
                        Don't listen to this guy. Doing "real police worK" depends on the officer, not the department. Just understand where you're applying and the type of calls you'll be handling.

And Maywood has some darn good Tacos at the gas station at Lake and 1st. Seriously.

Comment

Im Just aying you know Where youll Have more fun. Youll Get a few homicides in Your first year in Chicsgo. You may never get one in Riverside. Just facts

Comment

Saying you won't work many homicides in Riverside is different than saying you'll only be writing parkers and not doing any real police work.

I work for a town with similar demographics to Riverside. I got to handle a double attempt murder by myself. All of it. As a patrolman with 2 years on the job. We may not get many similar incidents, but in large towns you don't get to do all that "real police work" by yourself. You just kick it to the bureau, juvenile detectives, narcs, etc. Like I said, it's all about what you prefer to do.

Comment

As far as the Chicago Police Exam:

15,000 may show up to take the test.

Only 11,000 of them (the ones that can walk upright) will pass the written exam.

At least 6000 will lose interest as the years go by and test hot for drugs.

Of the remaining 5000 or so, half of them will fail the POWER test, background test or mental eval.

The remaining about WILL get hired.

The city hired a ton of coppers around 1986 and they are fast approaching their 29 years and a day for retirement.

In other words, your chances are pretty darn good here in Chicago.
                              Just don't expect to get hired over night

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9174 users online. 350 members and 8824 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X