300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to Chicago...

Howdy fellas! Haven't been to Chicago in about 4 years, and I'm headed back in December with the little lady. Always been treated as a member of the family when I've been to Chicago, but a new question: Have metal detectors popped up more since the enactment of the new CCW law (I know it's not effective yet though)? I'll be carrying (with my Star and ID) but didn't know if I'd run into any problems getting in to some the sights with it. I know here in Texas, in addition to LEOSA, we have a provision in our Penal Code that exempts us from "No Carry" zones. Thanks in advance, and any new thoughts on places to try are always welcome! I'll be making my first trip to Chinatown...
    sigpic
    Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Originally posted by TexasAggieOfc View Post
    Howdy fellas! Haven't been to Chicago in about 4 years, and I'm headed back in December with the little lady. Always been treated as a member of the family when I've been to Chicago, but a new question: Have metal detectors popped up more since the enactment of the new CCW law (I know it's not effective yet though)? I'll be carrying (with my Star and ID) but didn't know if I'd run into any problems getting in to some the sights with it. I know here in Texas, in addition to LEOSA, we have a provision in our Penal Code that exempts us from "No Carry" zones. Thanks in advance, and any new thoughts on places to try are always welcome! I'll be making my first trip to Chinatown...
    You should not have any problems as long as you keep your star and ID on your person. Illinois has a horrible rep and our politicians are nutcases but the cops here feel the same way about them as you do. Obviously there are private entities who have the right to prohibit off-duty officers from carrying on their property but I'm not aware of any that are frisking and doing pat downs. Eat some good pizza, enoy yourself, be safe and watch your six while here. The outlaws have gotten a bit brazen.

Comment

Soldier Field, no guns..

Comment

I heard the NFL made a rule that they won't allow off-duty officers to carry in any NFL stadium

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9179 users online. 349 members and 8830 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X