• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long is nipsta good for?

I cant find this answered anywhere

Originally posted by chiefs123 View Post
    I cant find this answered anywhere
    They tell you when you go there it depends on the department. There are departments that will take a NIPSTA card up to a year old and others will only take it if its a couple of months old. It all depends on the Department.

Comment

Usually between 6 months to 1 year. It also depends on the department.

Comment

I think its 6 months on most departments now. It's a PITA and a waste of money, but you gotta get it to test with many departments now.

Comment

Originally posted by RaylanGivens View Post
          I think its 6 months on most departments now. It's a PITA and a waste of money, but you gotta get it to test with many departments now.
          Hate it with a passion! Almost no one knows that Joliet Junior College conducts POWER Tests 5-6 days a week by appointment and on individual basis. Why are people being steered primarily to NIPSTA and secondly to Triton??? Bunch a crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
            Hate it with a passion! Almost no one knows that Joliet Junior College conducts POWER Tests 5-6 days a week by appointment and on individual basis. Why are people being steered primarily to NIPSTA and secondly to Triton??? Bunch a crap.
            Political, JJC must not be filling the right pockets.

Comment

I've witnessed several times applicants show up to written tests with a power card for JJC and then get denied because it is not a NIPSTA card.

Comment

Gee, NIPSTA isn't benefiting at all from any of this, lol.

Comment

I can't use my Joliet power card if a department ask for Nipsta?

Comment

Typically the application will specify if they are looking for a NIPSTA card, or if they want a Power card from JJC or another location.

Comment

Originally posted by H8use View Post
                      I can't use my Joliet power card if a department ask for Nipsta?
                      You need to call and confirm ahead of time. I've used a JJC card at an agency that only listed NIPSTA and Triton BUT I called and confirmed before scheduling the JJC test. It is at the discretion of the department sir. I tried to use my actual academy power test scores to lateral and the agency was like nooooo buddy. Talk about ridiculous. That card at least came from a state certified academy but they wanted one from a contractor. Oh well...I was not up to paying $50 to take another power test for one department when I was already sworn. CRAP! I shoulda did it anyway LOLOL

Comment

And seeing that NIPSTA was only $20 a few years ago and now it is $45 per test... Complete scam and someone is lining their pockets.

Comment

Thank you for the info fellas.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7799 users online. 336 members and 7463 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X