• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You keep living in your fantasy world. I'm a realist

Comment

Originally posted by mranderson77 View Post
      You keep living in your fantasy world. I'm a realist
      DO a little investigating......count the number of people who have sued the City of Chicago for unfair hiring and promotion practices as it relates to the PD.....compare that to the number of persons who have done the same with a police and fire commission.....and the cook county merit commission and the ISP merit Commission....the number of complainants is higher in one year than all three of those bodies combined for a decade. That is reality, fact, truth and verifiable.
      You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

These towns with police and fire commissions deciding the hiring may be a little bias about who they want to hire. They have that right. But Chicago has a better and fair hiring system.
        You have a great sense of humor
        None of my friends working for Chicago have ever started the academy within 4-5 months of submitting their application, though I have seen it happen for non-juiced suburban guys..

Comment

Yeah that s because chicago doesnt hire 2 officers every 2 years like the suburbs. (yawn)You have a better shot at getting on Chicago or even a university than 10 applications to suburban depts.
          Last edited by mranderson77; 10-17-2013, 07:54 AM.

Comment

You'd be amazed how things work. Since I got on with CPD, I've had 4 offers from Suburbs, and only one knew I was certified. Suburb lists move, but there is no telling how fast. Some towns barely look at at their lists, others plow through it.

Comment

My agency in the lower fox river valley should be testing soon. By my estimation, if what has been talked about actually happens, we will be hiring 4-6. Approximately 4 positions are vacancies or soon to be vacancies with the remaining 2 positions possibly coming with an expanded command staff and specialty positions. Sounds like initial emphasis will be on certified guys to get our head above water and maybe some non certs after that. We are crossing our fingers. It's a new and supportive city administration and new chief. Supposedly a new, state of the art PD, will be built in the next couple years, as well. PM me for more info. I'll post our advertisement when it comes out.
              Formerly "TheAxolotl"

Comment

Yeah that s because chicago doesnt hire 2 officers every 2 years like the suburbs. (yawn)You have a better shot at getting on Chicago or even a university than 10 applications to suburban depts.
                Funny you believe what you're writing even as a class action suit has been filed against the city for a bogus process where qualified applicants were disqualified from CPD. You can speak from your theories and thats nice. From my experience, I applied to two depts (university and burb) within a 3 yr time frame. In both processes I made it to a command staff interview within 6 months from testing with scores from the mid 80s to mid 90s. Some of the burbs actually move through a list relatively quick due to turnover issues. They may have 2-4 slots but after all is said and done 6 people get hired (because others quit and had to be replaced etc) and how many people did they have to call to hire those six? If getting onto Chicago was so much easier than getting onto other departments why is it that your academy classes continue to have people who apparently made it onto other departments much faster? Multiple people who were in the academy with me got calls from the city AFTER being hired elsewhere. Some people have what depts want and some don't. Flat out. I went to the academy with guys who admitted to applying to 50+ agencies. My old man applied to one..and has been with them since. And it's not very impressive that you insist that guys need to apply to Chicago to get jobs easier because they hire in mass as opposed to actually believing they can beat a few hundred people out for a single digit amount of spots. Well two times in three years I was able to do just that. And yeah I worked with people who ONLY applied to CPD that watched me apply elsewhere after them, get hired and on the job, while they waited for their bogus psych exam results. And one is back at it hoping it pans out. I'm actually from Chicago and I sat in the academy with CPD applicants who didn't know a pitchfork from a dinner fork. You don't seem to know anything about the burbs dude and this is from a city boy transplant. As much as I wanted to try CPD there is a reason I never applied no matter how close I came and working in the burbs has only confirmed that I made a good choice for myself and my family...just like being the police don't make a guy tough, neither does your dept mean anything to some guy sizing YOU up on the street...you are...annoying (sigh)
                Last edited by Joe Snuffy; 10-22-2013, 09:33 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

So because you met some dumb CPD recruits, that instantly means CPD hires anyone and the suburb guys are much better...? Kinda lost at what you are getting at here...?

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
                    So because you met some dumb CPD recruits, that instantly means CPD hires anyone and the suburb guys are much better...? Kinda lost at what you are getting at here...?
                    You got lost because it was a rant...and I was ****ed (too much for my own good) by this guy's usual antics. I actually figured that he almost implied that Chicago hired almost anyone because of his continued theme that your chances are better getting hired by Chicago than going to a suburb or university and I thought that made for a **** poor reason of telling anyone to come on this job. I could explain everything I wrote in hindsight but again..it really was a rant that deviated from the original conversation and included some other things in my mind that I think (but have not confirmed) about Miss. Anderson. I don't take shots at departments or their officers because it's immature and foolish. I've learned there are slugs in great departments and great officers in poor departments. My homeboy is CPD, a few other older officers who I see regularly, and let's not forget the Godfather of this Blog Chi-Town Det...so no in short. For the record, I went to the burbs because I thought it was easier (time wise) to get on, less expensive up front (academy equipment and uniforms), and I don't have residency. Remember, he made comments that police and fire boards are biased and Chicago's hiring is more fair and that it generally takes longer to get on at agencies outside the city and I'm screaming to the guy...I work in the burbs and what he's saying is not true of most of the people I work with and know. Again...I got worked up and forgot this is just the internet. I attribute it to too many days off in a row.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9058 users online. 371 members and 8687 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X