Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UIS University of Illinois Springfield Police - Applying soon... Anyone know anything

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UIS University of Illinois Springfield Police - Applying soon... Anyone know anything

Applying soon... Anyone know anything?

Actual salary with O/T....

Culture of department? Room for advancement?

What do they do down there? It seems pretty low key with minimum action on a daily basis.

Was thinking of applying there. I'm sure more stuff happens on a college campus than you think but it's still probably slow, could be a good way to get your foot in the door though.

Comment

I currently work for a college town pd, and previously worked for the university as a CSO. The univ., job was extremely slow in the summers, but during the school year not to bad. The city is always busy.

Says their not hiring.

Comment

UIS or your city?

Comment

My city in Iowa.

Comment

Do Universities get the same amount of applicants as municipalities? Do they usually have a high turn over rate?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Hammer1 View Post
              Do Universities get the same amount of applicants as municipalities? Do they usually have a high turn over rate?
              Like everything else it depends....some schools like UIC will have more applicants than some municipalities BUT they also have a bigger department than many and they pay more than a lot. My guess is you see traffic both ways...old timers looking to slow down and young guys looking to speed up, but definitely the latter.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8189 users online. 333 members and 7856 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X