300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hodgkins???

Did anyone apply here? And where the frick is Hodgkins??? From the very little research I did do it looks like a 4 block super small town I could barely even decipher where it was.

Hodgkins is right next to Countryside and is mainly industrial. They use a difficult exam called PCI which is mainly 98% psych based. The only reading/ comprehension portion they have is maybe 15/20 questions. The whole rest of the test are bizarre personality questions and "what word better suits you" for damn near 200 questions. It's pretty ridiculous. I'm also 0/4 on taking that exam. I know another guy who is 0/5 on taking it as well.

Comment

Apps are due on the 26th. Im thinking about applying but that type of policing doesn't really appeal to me. The turnout can't be that good I wouldn't think on a positive note.

Comment

It's not quite four blocks small... Town's limits goes from Old Joliet Road to Willow Springs Road with the Stevenson/Canal as the Eastern border. Granted, nearly 1/4 of that is the Quarry. lol. Raiden is correct though. Tons of Industry, some Commercial, an AMC Theater, Walmart, Target, Sam's Club (etc), a ton of car dealers, some apartment complexes and other mixed residentials, Bars and some $*^thole trucker dives.

Seems like the department has some good guys on it, from those I've met. I'd give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs123 View Post
          The turnout can't be that good I wouldn't think on a positive note.
          You'd be amazed. When I tested there, the turn out was maybe 250 people? The gym we did it in was full to the max.

Comment

Good pay, good equipment. Not very many "crazy" calls. But it would be foolish to pass them up. The old PD I was on, us and a bunch of other PD's shared a band, so we all heard each other's calls. Helped them with my K9 a few times. Granted this was over 7 years ago, but I wouldn't think things turned bad.
            Last edited by dogcop; 09-23-2013, 12:27 PM.
            www.saveavet.org

Comment

I live close to here, nice little... very little suburb. I took the test last time around, I passed the written but didn't do so hot in the interview, I heard they hired two from the last list, not sure what the plans are this time around.
              Vaya con dios

Comment

Is anyone gonna be there?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6924 users online. 307 members and 6617 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X