300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scoop34 View Post
    I just got an email the other day saying that they are looking to send some to the Academy class in September. Anybody else hear from them?
    Fortunately for you guys they recently lost at least two people unexpectedly. There may be more but I know of two for sure.

Comment

Oak Park is a decent department and a very young one. If you know anything about the village you will understand the department's crazy side. The community is extremely liberal, "inclusive" and PC. The residents are very opinionated about everything. They do not want to see a heroin addict sitting outside a restaurant panhandling. They also do not want to hear what you may say or see what you may have to do to get said heroin addict (that you know by first name) to move. They will be more offended by you and your methods than the addict being there. The pd is popular and liked in town, probably more than the fire dept. They love the "soft" look and "soft" approaches. If you're looking for tons of self-initiated gun and dope arrests, though it is there, this may not be the place for you. Most of their PCS arrests are probably from dope addicts nodding off and traffic related incidents. There is a lot of Oak Park weirdness to go around but they pay quite well and I don't know of many people getting on there and lateraling out. If the residents start locking their doors burglaries may outright disappear....but alas that will never happen. If you get on here, I would say stick it out though they may drive you absolutely crazy. The pay is good enough to suck it up, do your time at the asylum and return to work afterwards.

Comment

We use to refer to Oak Parkers as "Jobbos," as their "job" was the Village of Oak Park. Back many, many moons ago when I got sworn in as a copper there, the village clerk, after swearing in myself and another P/O said, "Always remember, the Village of Oak Park is not just a place to live and work, but the Village of Oak Park is a way of life." Back then you had a year to move into the Village. They got rid of the residency about 2 years after I left.

Comment

I've been hearing they are calling people to send them to the academy so good luck to those who are on their list

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
            We use to refer to Oak Parkers as "Jobbos,"
            That's one of the most polite references I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Item9 View Post
              That's one of the most polite references I've heard.
              That was subtle, yet funny. They have some great guys but the village is...well it's the village. I have heard some stories from guys, not police, who lived on the west side in the 80s. Word is they were not the cops you wanted to mess around with and this was from a former gang member. But then again nobody on this forum would know anything about that...(smile).

Comment

They are sending out conditional offers now and setting them up for psychs and physicals.

Comment

Originally posted by scoop34 View Post
                  They are sending out conditional offers now and setting them up for psychs and physicals.
                  What academy do they use?

Comment

I'm not sure. I heard they had slots reserved at SLEA but I also heard the people they are offering may be laterals or already certified

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by scoop34; 08-27-2015, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boiler37 View Post
                      What academy do they use?
                      They use Triton a lot. They also have used SLEA but I think Triton is their main squeeze. In terms of offers, I think I recall hearing that they just picked up (or are about to) 4 laterals. I also think a PPO just left. I'm not being facetious. A buddy was just telling me about this stuff but I wasn't really paying full attention.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6669 users online. 225 members and 6444 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X