300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oak Park PD Testing

Anybody testing with Oak Park on 8/31? They are using Stanard and Associates, has anybody ever tested with them before? Any advice?

I've tested twice at Departments that use Standard & Associates. Just use your time wisely if your done early check your answers again. Basic Math Skills, Grammar, Reading and a Written Portion at the end. Use complete sentences on the writing portion at the end. Other than that nothing really. Their really nice also the associates from the company.

Comment

Easiest written exam ever ...

Comment

The problem with this exam is that a lot of people get really high scores, so the test being so easy is not necessarily a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lmessi View Post
          The problem with this exam is that a lot of people get really high scores, so the test being so easy is not necessarily a good thing.
          Won't matter...applicants get flagged in ALL phases of hiring. Some will bomb the background, others the psych eval, still others will screw up the interview AND there are the smaller percentage, but still reality, of those that fail the POWER test at the academy or get dropped by the academy and/or fired by their agency during the academy or on probation. A former candidate from my academy got axed BY HIS AGENCY during the last week of the academy because they got tired of him being so lax and always into something little but stupid. They canned him right before he could take the exam so he would not be able to get certified and lateral some place else and "become someone else's problem" was how they put it. All that said...everybody can get 100s and it'll still be true that everybody won't make the cut. It's reality.

Comment

True to the above statement I just took a Standard & associate and 5-6 peoples scored 99's and 98's. Like Joe said some will get bounced so it's just waiting and knowing your doing your best.
            Last edited by illiniguy929; 09-16-2013, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Has anyone received any news regarding the rescheduled test date?

Comment

No idea. They did tell me if I can't make it I'll get a refund. However documents won't get returned.

Comment

Just got the email. October 26 8:30am

Comment

Who's taking the rescheduled test?

Comment

how long do you guys think this test is gonna take? my boss just gave me the no go on getting the day off so ill have to peace out at like 11:45.

Comment

2 hours maybe, but I heard a lot show to check in

Comment

thanks

need 10 characters to post

Comment

Originally posted by Glawk View Post
                            how long do you guys think this test is gonna take? my boss just gave me the no go on getting the day off so ill have to peace out at like 11:45.

The S&A test is pretty short. There are 4 sections, 15-20 minutes each I believe. Orientation will stat 8:30 AM, so If the test starts at 9 AM, I'd say you should be out by 10:30 AM at the latest.

Comment

The chief didn't make it clear if they're hiring or not. He had us wondering...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6073 users online. 230 members and 5843 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X