300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by edonahoe889 View Post
    Burt, I have never tested either but I heard it's way more than 3,000. Just from a couple guys above their lottery #'s were in the 54xx
    I read in the suntimes paper about a month ago that for the New York, L.A. and Miami PD exams in 2009-2010 there were over 10,000 applicants that passed the exam for each department. In 2010, only about 7,500 (estimate) applicants passed the exam for Chicago PD.

I can't wait for the CPD exam. I didnt know about the exam in 2010. I won't let nothing stand in my way of taking this exam!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by swipe87 View Post
      I don't see the Poly listed as part of the process. is it still a requirement?
      Yes it is.

Originally posted by burt05 View Post
      I have never tested for CPD but STOKED to test.

How many people usually show up to test? 3,000 or more ?
      In 2010, there was about 8600 that were split into two sessions. After turning in documents and passing the written, the initial list was about 6400 people. Add on the handful of military/medical make up exams, and it got kicked up to about 6800.

So yes, the day of that test, it will be a clusterf**k, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by NissanGTR2013
        I honestly would not be surprised if CPD had 10,000+ show up for the written exam. They lowered the age restriction and they will give preference to CPS grads. I expect a large turnout for all you guys that will be testing. Do not let that discourage you though, you are not competing against anyone on the list. If you pass every step you will be hired.

All you guys will be fine. My best advice for anyone trying to get hired by CPD is to stay in shape. The real dropoff rate that I saw testing for CPD was the POWER test so make sure you're ready to go for that. Start working out NOW, do not get lazy. The one event that I saw a lot of people fail was the sit-ups so make sure that you are ready because once you pass the written exam, you could be sitting on your lazyboy in the living room and get an email for the POWER test in two weeks time. Prepare now, it saves you a lot of headache later...
        POWER consists of a 1.5 mile run, sit-ups/minute, the reach thing, and bench press right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aendos View Post
          POWER consists of a 1.5 mile run, sit-ups/minute, the reach thing, and bench press right?

yes

Comment

• Good information to keep in mind. I've been following the 2010 thread and this one seeing what you all have to say and the tips and advice. I remember seeing a few of you say the real drop off is the power.

Comment

• How many people usually show up to test? 3,000 or more ?[/QUOTE]

This made me smile. Over 10,000 showed up for the last one !
              "Rock Out With My Glock Out"

Comment

• Not even close to 10000. I just said 8600 max.

The 2010 turn out was one of the smallest CPD turnouts they've had.

Comment

• Im very excited about this opportunity. This is something i've looked forward to since i was a teen. Only thing that concerns me is Poly. I hear stories that the machine isn't very reliable and even the most honest of people fail it. I don't like that the fate of one's career aspirations relies on "junk science" that has been scientifically proven ineffective.

Comment

• Looks like they just updated this page:

www(.)chicagopolice.org/answerthecall/

Comment

• Originally posted by Aendos View Post
                      Looks like they just updated this page:

www(.)chicagopolice.org/answerthecall/
                      http://www.chicagopolice.org/answerthecall/
                      app after Aug 1
                      Why u asking me? I don't have a clue!! I'm just a know-it-all 'cause I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt to prove it!

Comment

• here we go

Comment

• Good luck to everyone ahead of time!! Hopefully we all make it!

Comment

• Hey guys so I've been pumped about putting in for CPD, but there is one thing that I worry about. Earlier this year I took the test for the Atlanta Police Department and got to the background investigation until I was disqualified. I was disqualified because APD thought I "lied" to them about my previous employment. On APD's application I said I resigned with a company, but when they called they said I was terminated because I abandoned my work place.

Now let me tell you this....I was COMPLETELY UNAWARE that this previous employer had this on my file. While working for this retail company I received a job offer with a campus PD as a civilian position. The general manager of this retail store HATED the fact that I was leaving him especially during the busiest time of the year. During these busy months I was scheduled about 40-50 hours a week. I gave the general manager my 2 week notice and told him he needs to work around my schedule with the campus PD. Unfortunately he shrugged me off that week and the following week I saw he ignored my request and still scheduled me 40-50 hours a week. I HAD TO LEAVE in order for me to start employment at the campus PD.

I worked for this retail store for 2 years! At no point did I want to bail on them like this. I contacted their HR director of this retail store and told her the situation. She told me she would start an investigation and let me know her conclusions. Its been over a month and I haven't heard from her and she hasn't responded to my voice mails.

I'm running out of options here and I'm thinking about hiring a lawyer for this matter. Now that I'm aware about the status of my previous employer, I always add a supplemental sheet explaining my side. A recent PD I got an interview with found it to be reasonable.

Can anyone give me any suggestions? Will CPD even care if I explain what happened?
                            Thank you so much!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kevmat9 View Post
                              Hey guys so I've been pumped about putting in for CPD, but there is one thing that I worry about. Earlier this year I took the test for the Atlanta Police Department and got to the background investigation until I was disqualified. I was disqualified because APD thought I "lied" to them about my previous employment. On APD's application I said I resigned with a company, but when they called they said I was terminated because I abandoned my work place.

Now let me tell you this....I was COMPLETELY UNAWARE that this previous employer had this on my file. While working for this retail company I received a job offer with a campus PD as a civilian position. The general manager of this retail store HATED the fact that I was leaving him especially during the busiest time of the year. During these busy months I was scheduled about 40-50 hours a week. I gave the general manager my 2 week notice and told him he needs to work around my schedule with the campus PD. Unfortunately he shrugged me off that week and the following week I saw he ignored my request and still scheduled me 40-50 hours a week. I HAD TO LEAVE in order for me to start employment at the campus PD.

I worked for this retail store for 2 years! At no point did I want to bail on them like this. I contacted their HR director of this retail store and told her the situation. She told me she would start an investigation and let me know her conclusions. Its been over a month and I haven't heard from her and she hasn't responded to my voice mails.

I'm running out of options here and I'm thinking about hiring a lawyer for this matter. Now that I'm aware about the status of my previous employer, I always add a supplemental sheet explaining my side. A recent PD I got an interview with found it to be reasonable.

Can anyone give me any suggestions? Will CPD even care if I explain what happened?
                              Thank you so much!!
                              If you are passionate about becoming a police officer, id have a lawyer speak to them, as long as you can back up everything you've said. (No lawsuit, speak to them). They more than likely cost you that job with APD, and I wouldn't let it happen twice with another department. Get it sorted out. Or don't do anything and list on your applications from now on that you were "terminated", per what was found out.

Sorry to hear about your problem, I'd be pretty upset too.
                              Last edited by RaylanGivens; 07-30-2013, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• ahh tomorrow is the day!

I talked to an Officer in Chicago today and he was saying with them requiring 60 credits it will knock a lot of people out of the process. We shall see.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6428 users online. 345 members and 6083 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X