Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only one out of those I'm trying is waukegan, is there another site that puts job postings for LE? I get mine from theblueline and I've tested round lake beach, Zion, Antioch, kenosha, fox lake, And Madison. I'm giving Evanston a go too. I guess I'm just a bit discouraged after getting bounced out of Zion but all I can do is keep trying lol!
    Last edited by Dark_Hammer1; 07-19-2013, 04:30 PM.

Comment

You should probably stick to the larger departments chicago being a priority since they are doing a semi mass hiring at the moment. The universities here are always hiring because of the high turnover, they should probably call it in and out. I wont name names because the rift raft will start whining and start flooding my inbox with hate mail. Some leo are so mature. (sarcasm)You can figure it youself just do a job seach or look at the forum lol
      Last edited by mranderson77; 07-19-2013, 06:50 PM.

Comment

For sure thanks guys! Chicago is number 1 right now. Pumped for the application and testing period to start!

Comment

So am I, just not pumped for the 2-3 year wait. I've already been waiting on the NYPD for about a year.

Comment

Me neither, I'm really eager to start my career which is why I'm open to other parts of the CJ field. I figure I have to keep trying for positions that interest me and eventually something will bite, even if its not my first choice, it's better than sitting in purgatory. LOL

Comment

Does anyone know what the maximum age limit is to apply? I've seen 35, 37, and 40.

Comment

Back in 2010 it was 40 at the time of hire, but since they lower the minimum age they might go down with the maximum also. But that's just guessing. We will see on August 1st once they open application to the public.

Comment

Any info on the power test?

Comment

Originally posted by Aendos View Post
                    Any info on the power test?
                    o_O

The Power won't come for quite some time. CPD will have an application period for about a month. After that, there is about a month or two gap, and then they will have the written exam which you will be notified for by mail (how they did it last time, now it's probably e-mail). You will receive a lottery number for your position on the list, and there you will sit until they get to your number. AFTER they call upon your number, then you get a notification for your first Power test.

Comment

• To the Chicago Officer(s) in here. I really want to go on a ride a long.

Any advice on how I can get in to do one ? I talked to a guy from SWAT today and he said I should ride with district 11. I guess that's one of the worse districts ?

If you want PM me some more info on what I need to do. I'd even ride in your district. Just would like to get up to Chicago and see what its all about.

p.s. I am a police officer in South Western Illinois.

Comment

• That's crazy. I can remember the day I was sitting around thinking about applying and if I could do it. I applied, tested, worked and did my thing and eventually got the call. Now I'm finishing up with CPD in not even a month. Damn time flies :-)

Comment

• Excited to apply with CPD! This is my first post on this forum. I've been testing for departments in IL for about 2 years now! Happy to see CPD is testing again! Thanks for the information!

Comment

• I don't see the Poly listed as part of the process. is it still a requirement?

Comment

• I have never tested for CPD but STOKED to test.

How many people usually show up to test? 3,000 or more ?

Comment

• Burt, I have never tested either but I heard it's way more than 3,000. Just from a couple guys above their lottery #'s were in the 54xx

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9587 users online. 478 members and 9109 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X