Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago pd 2013

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 6 am for me

    Comment


    • Just got mine now, 6 a.m. too.

      Comment


      • Got my email! 6 A.M. report time. Has anyone else looked at the study guide? 66 pages! At first with it being 66 pages I was a lil nervous but once you look at the questions it's for the most part pretty easy stuff.

        Comment


        • For those of you going, make sure you know to get there plenty early. If they are inviting 9000+ for each session, check in will take a good while, coat check in with be a nightmare (and will be required), and parking will be god awful.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
            For those of you going, make sure you know to get there plenty early. If they are inviting 9000+ for each session, check in will take a good while, coat check in with be a nightmare (and will be required), and parking will be god awful.
            ^Sounds like a wonderful day. Everything is going to be either god awful or a nightmare. lol

            Comment


            • 2010's was a big enough cluster, and that was only with around 4500 each session. If they get the numbers expected, it will basically be double each session what it was in 2010. McCormick is a big place, but getting 9000+ checked in, printed, coats put away, seated and books/material distributed & started? It will definitely take a while. Prepare in advance :-).

              It will be a good day though. The test is nothing to worry about though. Don't let this "66pg study guide" get nerves going. The test is common sense and about as difficult as a Jr High exam.

              Comment


              • Word of advice to new applicants:
                1. Get there early, McCormick place can be very confusing to navigate if you haven't been there already.
                2. Do not check your coat, leave it in the car. Coat check will be a nightmare with the "honor-roll student" proctors the city likes to hire and you just might end up with some coat items "missing".
                3. This test is NOT like the 2010 test, from what I hear it will be harder than the last test because it is being administered by IO Solutions I believe. Don't expect it to be rocket science though, it has to be dumb enough so there won't be a lawsuit.
                4. Don't attract attention to yourself while at McCormick place, media will be there and so will the brass to parade around in front of the cameras.
                5. Don't be the guy who shows up in his tactical security guard uniform, yes there will be at least one.

                Comment


                • For anyone that has taken an I/O solutions test previously (PSR uses their tests for the suburbs), would you really say they are anything but difficult? Lol. I/O are usually straight forward, common sense tests, but I'm just lost at this 66pg study guide, lol.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by 19paul View Post
                    Word of advice to new applicants:
                    1. Get there early, McCormick place can be very confusing to navigate if you haven't been there already.
                    2. Do not check your coat, leave it in the car. Coat check will be a nightmare with the "honor-roll student" proctors the city likes to hire and you just might end up with some coat items "missing".
                    3. This test is NOT like the 2010 test, from what I hear it will be harder than the last test because it is being administered by IO Solutions I believe. Don't expect it to be rocket science though, it has to be dumb enough so there won't be a lawsuit.
                    4. Don't attract attention to yourself while at McCormick place, media will be there and so will the brass to parade around in front of the cameras.
                    5. Don't be the guy who shows up in his tactical security guard uniform, yes there will be at least one.
                    and Bates boots..lol

                    Comment


                    • I will be there at 0700 in my prom dress. And Bates boots.
                      Better to be a smartass than a dumbass

                      Comment


                      • Don't forget to wear your gun belt from Garda or something as well ;-)

                        Comment


                        • You guys are lucky with your 6 AM lol my check in is at 3:30 pm and the exam is at 5:30 pm. Had bulls tickets for that night too lol

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by StephanieMInc View Post
                            I will be there at 0700 in my prom dress. And Bates boots.
                            ^I'm sure you'll fit in just fine See you at 0700!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
                              Don't forget to wear your gun belt from Garda or something as well ;-)
                              Oh of course...a girl must accessorize!

                              Originally posted by southpaw26 View Post
                              ^I'm sure you'll fit in just fine See you at 0700!
                              See you then!

                              ....will someone lend me their tuxedo jacket to keep me warm lol
                              Last edited by StephanieMInc; 11-15-2013, 01:30 PM.
                              Better to be a smartass than a dumbass

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Dark_Hammer1 View Post
                                You guys are lucky with your 6 AM lol my check in is at 3:30 pm and the exam is at 5:30 pm. Had bulls tickets for that night too lol
                                I'll see u their.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12439 users online. 457 members and 11982 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X