300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The more you fret about it the more it makes ya' nuts.. just let it go
    Last edited by Popspd; 07-01-2013, 09:41 PM.
    Why u asking me? I don't have a clue!! I'm just a know-it-all 'cause I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt to prove it!

Comment

Originally posted by Popspd View Post
      The more you fret about it the more it makes ya' nuts.. just let it go
      I'm not so much worried about the background stuff. I've made some poor decisions but I don't have any felonies or misdemeanors so I'd think I'm ok but that is ultimately determined by the department I apply for. I made mistakes but I learned from them, grown up and moved on. All I can do is air out my dirty laundry and they'll make their decision. Good luck with your EKGs you post editor you lol! I just started this thread for people who are interested in being updated on this testing cycle. I appreciate your 2 cents!

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Hammer1 View Post
        I just started this thread for people who are interested in being updated on this testing cycle. I appreciate your 2 cents!
        ...but keep it to myself...yeah, I get it...but cha know?... anyone who knows me KNOWS that ain't happenin' LOL ... and you kids will miss me when I'm gone...
        Why u asking me? I don't have a clue!! I'm just a know-it-all 'cause I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt to prove it!

Comment

To answer the question regarding the educational requirements, it was posted that only a high school diploma was needed. I spoke with human resources on 07/01/13, and was told that they didn't have any information nor could they verify the information I provided to them. Anybody else have anything different?
          Virtus virtuti Caesar
          =================
          “Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.”

**Isaiah‬ *6:8‬ *

Comment

Originally posted by BQG_07 View Post
            To answer the question regarding the educational requirements, it was posted that only a high school diploma was needed. I spoke with human resources on 07/01/13, and was told that they didn't have any information nor could they verify the information I provided to them. Anybody else have anything different?
            The current education requirement still exists. 0 college for vets with 4yrs of active duty. 30hrs for 1yr of active duty, or 60hrs for everyone else. When HR had the page up, this was the information it had which was the same last test as well.

Comment

Just wondering how applicants who are 18 years old can apply when they are not going to have 60 credits from college?

Comment

My guess would be apply, work on college credits (takes 2 years if full time student) and hopefully get the call when you finish?

Comment

Thanks you for your feedback Raiden. I have all necessary requirements , I just have a familly member who is 18 years old and he is wondering how is that going to work if comes to college transcript on the application due date, since most of the 18 dont have it 60 credits.. Unless there will be some kind of exemption for aplicants under the age of 21.

Comment

I think they will let you take the test and there could be a possibility of putting your file on hold until you get the credits. Just my assumptions. Hopefully there is an option like that since all I need is 6 more credits

Comment

The fact that they took down the posting so fast means that they're going to make revisions. I can't even imagine that they'll allow 18 year olds to apply since the education requirement pretty much puts them out of the running for a couple more years. 20 year olds, maybe but 18 isn't likely unless they expect a whole lot of Doogie Housers to apply!

Comment

When I first read the initial posting on the CPD website it made sense to me, you can apply at 18 but won't be hired until youre 21 with atleast an associates or miltary experience in lieu of education. I'm sure they're going to make some alternations, but if the goal is to increase the applicant pool they'll have to either lower the age and/or limit the education requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by Kata80 View Post
                          Just wondering how applicants who are 18 years old can apply when they are not going to have 60 credits from college?
                          Because they'll be 30 by the time they start the academy.

Comment

Originally posted by NEC1234 View Post
                            When I first read the initial posting on the CPD website it made sense to me, you can apply at 18 but won't be hired until youre 21 with atleast an associates or miltary experience in lieu of education. I'm sure they're going to make some alternations, but if the goal is to increase the applicant pool they'll have to either lower the age and/or limit the education requirements.
                            What good would a larger applicant pool be if half of them aren't eligible to be hired? That's ridiculous...they might as well test kindergarteners...Oh! I forgot.. sometimes they do!

Comment

Originally posted by Popspd View Post
                              What good would a larger applicant pool be if half of them aren't eligible to be hired? That's ridiculous...they might as well test kindergarteners...Oh! I forgot.. sometimes they do!
                              It makes sense because half of the applicant pool won't be hired immediately. This current list will be going on three years, the one from 2006 lasted four. If this same pattern held for the next exam, most would be 21 near its completion and ready for hire. I'm sure CPD has the capabilities of grouping people who aren't of the age requirement into a separate list. Microsoft Excel could accomplish this alone.

And really, would it have made sense to you before that CPD is giving applicants who failed the power test (or just didn't show up) a second opportunity? As you know, logic doesn't always factor into decisions. I merely thought about this current exam (21 to test, 25 to be hired) and lessened the age.

Comment

Originally posted by NEC1234 View Post
                                It makes sense because half of the applicant pool won't be hired immediately. This current list will be going on three years, the one from 2006 lasted four. If this same pattern held for the next exam, most would be 21 near its completion and ready for hire. I'm sure CPD has the capabilities of grouping people who aren't of the age requirement into a separate list. Microsoft Excel could accomplish this alone.

And really, would it have made sense to you before that CPD is giving applicants who failed the power test (or just didn't show up) a second opportunity? As you know, logic doesn't always factor into decisions. I merely thought about this current exam (21 to test, 25 to be hired) and lessened the age.
                                You're forgetting that the current age requirement is 25 not 21. Of course, it's possible that they might go back to 21 after the fiasco that this list has been so I do see your point...I was thinking in terms of 25 being the minimum age...

7-5-2013 As of the news this morning the minimum hiring age has gone back to 21 so the 18 year old test age doesn't seem so ridiculous...I guess Chicago can only handle so much maturity! lol
                                Last edited by Popspd; 07-05-2013, 07:39 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6645 users online. 336 members and 6309 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X