Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So basically if you have a clean background you get a lottery number? All I have us some ordinance violations from when I was under 18 so I should be good there.

Comment

You get the lottery number after passing the written. It is randomly assigned. You could have a 99% and end up dead last on the list. Anyway, you'll do the written, receive your lottery number and just wait until your number gets drawn up. Once they call up your number, then your process continues on with the Power test, psych written, background packet, background home interview, poly, psych oral, another Power and basically you're done. The order bounces around sometimes, but the less you have for them to research (driving record, criminal, bad employment record, etc) the faster you'll move through.

Comment

Thanks for the information. Hopefully they'll test soon.

Comment

Anyone notice that the education requirements changed as well? I saw the same information Dark Hammer mentioned. Can anybody else verify this?
          Virtus virtuti Caesar
          =================
          “Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.”

**Isaiah‬ *6:8‬ *

Comment

What's the change in the education requirement?

Excited to take this upcoming test for Chicago, I graduated college and started testing well after they administered the last test, so I never got a chance to do it. Was kind of bummed.

Comment

Makes sense to me to start a fresh one for the '13 test, over trying to make use of the ungodly long 2010 thread. Easier than having to dig back to the middle of what would become a some thousand page thread for relevant and accurate information.

Me? I missed the '10 test, nothing, nothing is going to stop me this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie View Post
                Makes sense to me to start a fresh one for the '13 test, over trying to make use of the ungodly long 2010 thread. Easier than having to dig back to the middle of what would become a some thousand page thread for relevant and accurate information.

Me? I missed the '10 test, nothing, nothing is going to stop me this time around.
                That's what I was thinking too. Way too many pages to read through in an timely manner and this is about 2013, not 2010. I didn't test last time either but there's no way I'm going to miss testing for the best city in the US. It would be amazing to work for CPD! We'll help each other out on this thread and keep everyone updated.

Comment

Yea, good call on this new thread. The application will still be available online on 8/01/13 right? I tried looking it up and i noticed it was taken down. Dont know if that means the app will be available or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie View Post

Yeah! It makes perfect sense. So people can ask brand new questions about the very same process a lot of us have been through, passed, hired on, DQ'd with, etc and have already answered the very same questions as such. The whole process will be the same, with the exception of a NEW written exam.

Comment

Get used to information being available one day and non existant the next..par for the Chicago course and guess what? "You ain't seen nuthin' yet!" lolololol

Raiden, by the way, do you even actually know anyone who claims that they "failed" the lie box and was DQ'd for that? If so, I want the guy's name and a cut of his lawsuit winnings
                      Why u asking me? I don't have a clue!! I'm just a know-it-all 'cause I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt to prove it!

Comment

Pops, clear some PM space . . .

And yes, they do, lol.

Comment

To be clear, kids...no one technically fails the polygraph due to the needles on the graph itself going haywire..what happens is the technician interrogates you about suspicious answers and your answers to his/her questions end up DQ ing you....
                          Why u asking me? I don't have a clue!! I'm just a know-it-all 'cause I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt to prove it!

Comment

^
                            That's about as simple as it gets ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Popspd View Post
                              To be clear, kids...no one technically fails the polygraph due to the needles on the graph itself going haywire..what happens is the technician interrogates you about suspicious answers and your answers to his/her questions end up DQ ing you....
                              So what is the best thing to do if the box does go haywire? Aside from telling th truth of course. Are you going to be presumed a liar and your answers to his questions are irrelevant?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Hammer1 View Post
                                So what is the best thing to do if the box does go haywire? Aside from telling th truth of course. Are you going to be presumed a liar and your answers to his questions are irrelevant?
                                There's no box, the sensors are connected to a computer. You'll never know if it does go "haywire" anyway until afterward when follow up questions are asked.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6864 users online. 253 members and 6611 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X