Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by atsteele View Post
    Hopefully I can get a little lucky here. lol
    You won't need luck. Everyone gets the call on CPD's list. As long as you pass everything, you will get on. It's not like the suburbs where they can be ridiculously selective. They want classes filled.

Comment

• Well I'll be waiting for a call once I'm through and passed everything! I hope the best for everyone! Raiden how are things going for you?

Comment

• Things are going great. Down to the last 3 weeks? Just took our State Exam on Friday. It was not a fun experience.

Maybe I'll see some O people at the open house tomorrow, lol.

Comment

• Oh boy. Is the state exam as challenging as people say it is. I've talked to a few guys and they said it's stressful. Good to hear keep up the good work!

Comment

• Originally posted by NissanGTR2013
            Explain to the BI, just like you did here. Tell them what happened and just be 100% honest. I do not see this as an auto DQ, you should be fine. Background Investigators have a very good BS radar and can smell it a mile away. They will investigate it but as long as you're honest about it you will be fine in this particular situation.

I also would not recommend suing them. It will not help you situation in getting hired and cause more headaches for you. They will ask you about lawsuits in the background packet as well. Just pick up your pride and move on. This is not a dealbreaker assuming everything you said here is accurate.

That being said, you were disqualified because the department thought you had LIED to them NOT because of the situation. Disclose everything to your BI, do not lie. Best of luck to you.
            Hey guys thanks for the advice. I actually contacted the HR dept again and they looked further into it. Looks like they will change my reason for leaving to "better job opportunity" instead of "abandonment of work". A lot of weight has been taken off my shoulders with that. Now I need to get hired lol

Comment

• Originally posted by edonahoe889 View Post
              Oh boy. Is the state exam as challenging as people say it is. I've talked to a few guys and they said it's stressful. Good to hear keep up the good work!
              It's very stressful. If you fail this thing, you can't get your star with everyone else. You only have three attempts to do it as well until you are screwed in Illinois permanently. A lot of stress, and a lot to study for.

If anyone says it is NOT stressful or that it was easy, punch yourself in the throat for lying out your @$5, lol.

Comment

• hahaha! When do you find out if you passed? I've never heard anyone say it's easy!

Comment

• We find out Tuesday or Wednesday. They've been getting the grades back pretty quickly for the past few classes from what we've been told.

Comment

• I had a guy tell me the final exam is dumbed down. I kinda figured that was a lie.

I am going through the part time academy online. Just wrapping up unit 1 now. 8 more months to go. It doesn't matter though i'd have to go through Chicago's police academy, which is probably 10 times harder.

Comment

• I had a guy tell me the final exam is dumbed down. I kinda figured that was a lie.

whoops sorry for double posting.*
                      Last edited by burt05; 08-04-2013, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• Crossing my fingers Raiden!

Comment

• I saw that the site said no one will be appointed before spring 2014. Does that mean appointments go out in the spring?

Comment

I saw that the site said no one will be appointed before spring 2014. Does that mean appointments go out in the spring?
                            Think of it this way. When someone tells you that no one gets served dinner before 7:00, would you expect to get food at 6:30?

Comment

I saw that the site said no one will be appointed before spring 2014. Does that mean appointments go out in the spring?
                              No it means that they will hire sometime from Spring 2014 foreword. Maybe not until DEc 2014, Jan 2015, who knows..

Just like No One served dinner BEFORE 7:00 could mean you can be eating at midnight.

Comment

• Or it could also mean they want to kill the 2010 list before touching the new list. Hence why the appointments are not until Spring.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8990 users online. 240 members and 8750 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X