Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow I bet you guys have a lot of OT on the table.

Comment

• Anyone else applying to other departments like in the burbs or sheriff's department? I want CPD more than anything else that has always been priority number one for me personally. But I'm so motivated to get on I'm thinking of sending out app's to other places while I wait on CPD to get the ball rolling...
      "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

• Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
        Anyone else applying to other departments like in the burbs or sheriff's department? I want CPD more than anything else that has always been priority number one for me personally. But I'm so motivated to get on I'm thinking of sending out app's to other places while I wait on CPD to get the ball rolling...
        Apply to other departments to keep your options open, plus it's good experience.

Comment

Anyone else applying to other departments like in the burbs or sheriff's department? I want CPD more than anything else that has always been priority number one for me personally. But I'm so motivated to get on I'm thinking of sending out app's to other places while I wait on CPD to get the ball rolling...
          I've been applying for 3 years, and have done probably 25 applications. Lots of eligibility lists with only a few interviews. The hiring just isn't happening with suburban departments.

On average you're testing eith like a couple hundred other people for maybe one or two openings, if any.

Comment

• ^ like him I've been at it a while suburbs are hiring very little. 1-2 openings like he said. Maybe the occasional few more than 1-2. The average showing up is between 300-400. Keep at it though. Like someone else said it's good experience.

Comment

• Yeah I'm in the process with dallas pd.
              Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post

Comment

• a good friend of mine went around applying to 40 places within a duration of 6 months and got hired.
                Originally posted by RaylanGivens View Post
                I've been applying for 3 years, and have done probably 25 applications. Lots of eligibility lists with only a few interviews. The hiring just isn't happening with suburban departments.

On average you're testing eith like a couple hundred other people for maybe one or two openings, if any.

Comment

• The thing with applying to all those other suburban departments is it's time consuming if you are currently employed. You have to request off work a day for the orientation which is mandatory, then another day for the written exam, a lot of deptartments take the POWER test card so that's one day knocked off, but the other steps like oral/psych interviews, drug test, polygraph test will require separate days to request off unless you happen to be off all those days. A lot of people do work on Saturdays so even though majority of those important days fall on a Saturday, unless you always have Saturdays off, you'd have to dip into your PTO days or vacation days. And if you are applying to several different suburban dept's, you will be running out of PTO days. I agree with you guys I have tested myself at a few suburban dept's in the past, but with such a low number of openings and high amount of people testing, the hire rate is low at the burbs.

Is it true for the Sheriff's department they put you in corrections first, and have to take a test to work patrol and the streets?
                  "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

• Also, I personally am not interested in ISP. I think Sheriff's department would be my second preference. CPD will always be priority number one for me personally.

Comment

• Yes, everyone starts in DOC for CCSO. It's a meritorious promotion out and into either Courts or Sheriff's Police, though the odds of getting a patrol slot before hearing from CPD are laughably small, especially given that applications are currently closed and the average hiring process alone is about a two year ordeal... Among other things.

Champaign and Dekalb SO's are currently accepting applications though, worth a shot if that's what you'd like to do while you wait.

Comment

Well said, you don't want everyone to know you're a police officer and advertise it to the general public. About 10 years ago I remember driving on the Kennedy 90 W near Foster, beginning of mid day rush hour approximately 14:35 (2:35pm) or so, this scumbag driving an Impala or maybe it was a Charger who had an F.O.P sticker on his trunk who had personalized his plates to , " DA LAW 2", starts driving on the shoulder, then cutting back into the right lane, then back onto the shoulder thinking he can do whatever the **** he wants because he just got on as a LEO. Probably got canned a while back is my guess. Be discreet when you get on.
                        Holy ****. Bro that's the same damn guy that damn near ran me off the road southbound I-57. I think it was a Dodge Magnum. This was last summer. My grandfather lives in Homewood not far from Dixie Hwy so we both got off 147th. This guy was driving like a maniac and ****ed me the hell off. I seriously was about to call 911, but I thought about where I was on Dixie. Needless to say, that individual made a left off Dixie Hwy round 153rd....if you get that.

Comment

• Anyone else having issues getting through to this site?
                          Last edited by southpaw26; 01-19-2014, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• Ya on my phone its slow. Have not tried on a computer yet

Comment

• I figured something was up, thanks for letting me know! Seems to be getting better now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Challenger_SRT-8 View Post
                                Holy ****. Bro that's the same damn guy that damn near ran me off the road southbound I-57. I think it was a Dodge Magnum. This was last summer. My grandfather lives in Homewood not far from Dixie Hwy so we both got off 147th. This guy was driving like a maniac and ****ed me the hell off. I seriously was about to call 911, but I thought about where I was on Dixie. Needless to say, that individual made a left off Dixie Hwy round 153rd....if you get that.
                                No **** dude? It could have been a Dodge Magnum, this was like in 2004/2005 in the winter. Doesn't surprise me he was driving like that. What are the chances someone else on here would run into him too.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12215 users online. 458 members and 11757 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X