Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I applied this morning. Since I'm only 18, what would happen if my lottery number is called before I'm 21?

EDIT: Also does anyone know if having a BA would help with being promoted within CPD?
    Last edited by Aendos; 08-01-2013, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aendos View Post
      I applied this morning. Since I'm only 18, what would happen if my lottery number is called before I'm 21?

EDIT: Also does anyone know if having a BA would help with being promoted within CPD?
      According to CPD's own FAQ section, 18 year old applicants wont be called up to start the process til they get closer to 21. You probably won't see an initial power test for another two years, minimum. The plan apparently is to have underage applicants ready to go right after they come of age.

As for a degree, it'll help, but don't expect it to be the end-all for getting promoted. Doing your job well, and being just a bit of a politician is going to be more important off the bat.

Comment

• I was wondering how they were going to handle the 18 year olds. I'm 24 in 5 weeks and was wondering how they would go about someone having a lower lottery # than me. Me having the 60 semester hours and being of age, good to see they will have them ready when their of age pretty smart. I was asking around and I got the same response they wouldn't get an initial notification for at least 2 years.

Comment

• What documents are they looking for aside from college transcripts and copy of foid?

Comment

• Originally posted by SomeRandomAmerican View Post
            According to CPD's own FAQ section, 18 year old applicants wont be called up to start the process til they get closer to 21. You probably won't see an initial power test for another two years, minimum. The plan apparently is to have underage applicants ready to go right after they come of age.

As for a degree, it'll help, but don't expect it to be the end-all for getting promoted. Doing your job well, and being just a bit of a politician is going to be more important off the bat.
            This system is going to be a clusterf*ck already. I've known and met others from the 2010 test who were under 25 at the time of the test. Their numbers STILL got called up like usual, only when they finished their processes, they were all told "OK, can't officially hire until 25" and BOOM, they either never heard from them again, or they received DQ's. There were MANY who were under the age limit for the 2010 test, but yet now they are testing for a new list. So what happens to all the under 25 people who already made the list but had to "wait", meanwhile this list allows hire at 21? Makes you think . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark_Hammer1 View Post
              What documents are they looking for aside from college transcripts and copy of foid?
              Did they say they wanted the FOID? I included my college transcripts, driver's license, resume, certificate of appreciation from the United States Secret Service Chicago Field Office, and a midterm evaluation from the United States Secret Service Chicago Field Office. Didn't read anything about including a FOID copy, but that probably isn't a bad idea.

Comment

• I don't know if anyone knows the new company holding the testing. I've read that the CPD exam is extremely easy. Does anyone in 2010 remember what was mostly on the test? Any input would be great see If i need to polish up my grammar skills or what not! I've tested with just about every recruitment company out there just seeing if anybody can provide feedback. This process is going to be interesting with the 18 year olds waiting till 21 and what not.

Comment

• Originally posted by braz989 View Post
                  Did they say they wanted the FOID? I included my college transcripts, driver's license, resume, certificate of appreciation from the United States Secret Service Chicago Field Office, and a midterm evaluation from the United States Secret Service Chicago Field Office. Didn't read anything about including a FOID copy, but that probably isn't a bad idea.
                  The page where it asks to submit documents said refer to the job posting to see what documents are required. I read it over and no where does it state that any document needs to be uploaded. FOID's don't need to be uploaded because most 18 year olds do not have them yet along with college credit. We will be asked for official transcripts after the power test. Probably wont be until June 2014 till they start the process. And that's a big maybe.

Here is what I predict. 25,000 applications. 20,000 show up for the test. 16,000 pass. This is because you only need to be 18 to take the test. The 2010 test had 8,600 show up because you had to be 21 and already have 60 credit hours at the time of the test and only 6,400 made the final cut. Numbers will start to fall. Power tests start happening and there are no shows and failures. Drug tests and backgrounds knock a huge amount out. I just hope they put the people who already have the college/military requirement ahead in the lotto. Prob not since it is random.
                  Last edited by esmith; 08-01-2013, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• That'd be the most logical thing to do esmith. I agree with you.

Comment

• yeah i just uploaded my resume thats it, ill be **** if they tell me they need more doucments =/....i hope the test is easy, thats what i worry the most after that everything should be a walk in the park. im traning already for the power test. hopefully im in that under 5,000 mark.

Comment

• Under 5k i i hope here too. Maybe #1 haha thatd be a miracle

Comment

• Application officially submitted, see you gents in December.

Comment

• See you then!

Comment

• Even though the requirements have changed...I don't see that many more people applying. And even if a few thousand 18-19 year olds apply I bet they'll change their mind once it comes time to get the ball rolling 5-6 years down the line lol. Good luck though!

Comment

• Hopefully I can get a little lucky here. lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7496 users online. 388 members and 7108 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X