300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago pd 2013

Anybody heat about them accepting applications? I saw that they said they were August 1, 2013 - September 16, 2013 but it was removed from their website. Also, did they lower the age from 25 back to 21 for new hires?

Please read...read..and read some more in the 500 page chicago thread. Trust me, this place is gonna light up like a xmas tree when apps are up..You wont miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Hammer1 View Post
      Anybody heat about them accepting applications? I saw that they said they were August 1, 2013 - September 16, 2013 but it was removed from their website. Also, did they lower the age from 25 back to 21 for new hires?
      18 to apply, 21 to be hired

Comment

i thought it was 21 to apply 25 to hire

Comment

I noticed the post that they were accepting applications starting on 8/01/13. I hope they do because I will not let this test pass me by again this time around!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Glawk View Post
            i thought it was 21 to apply 25 to hire
            That was for 2010's test. 2013 is 18 to apply, 21 to get hired.

Comment

Originally posted by Kratos207 View Post
              I noticed the post that they were accepting applications starting on 8/01/13. I hope they do because I will not let this test pass me by again this time around!!!
              same. i was stuck down at school during the last test.

Comment

Originally posted by gogokart98 View Post
                Please read...read..and read some more in the 500 page chicago thread. Trust me, this place is gonna light up like a xmas tree when apps are up..You wont miss it.
                Sorry, I was on a 15 min break from work and didn't have a lot of time to sift through those pages at the time. I'll check it out when I get a chance.

Comment

Anybody know what their written is like and if there are study guides for it?

Comment

There is a company holding a "prep for the test" seminar. Generally they are not worth the cost. It is a city exam after all. They have to make the test easy enough that just about anyone can pass. Score doesn't matter because they use their "randomly assigned" lottery system.

I wouldn't worry about the exam at all. The prior exams were silly-stupid. On the 2010 exam, you didn't even have to finish all the questions and they weren't even counted against you. Some of those questions were mind-numblingly obvious.

Comment

I see so they weed people out through the backgrounds/oral panel then. I'd imagine a huge portion of them fail the backgrounds.

Comment

I see so they weed people out through the backgrounds/oral panel then. I'd imagine a huge portion of them fail the backgrounds.
                        CPD does not have an "oral panel." The only face to face time you will really have is your psych interview which was nothing (10 mins for me) and your home interview.

Comment

Like GoKart said. No oral. Typically people get bounced on psych & poly the most. As long as you don't have a criminal record, you'll be just fine for BI.

Comment

Originally posted by gogokart98 View Post
                            CPD does not have an "oral panel." The only face to face time you will really have is your psych interview which was nothing (10 mins for me) and your home interview.
                            That's interesting, what is the home interview like?

Comment

They come over, talk to you and they bring your background packet with. They go over it page by page and ask questions about things that perk their eye. They tell you what to expect for the position and about the residency requirement. When they leave, they will go to your neighbors that you have listed for reference and ask questions about you. After that is all said/done, you'll either get a DQ letter, or you'll advance to the "oral psych". All that happens for that, is that you talk to a psych doctor about your psych exam results and they go over red flags.

Both oral portions are straight forward and nothing to worry about.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7732 users online. 266 members and 7466 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X