Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by southpaw26 View Post
    ^That is unreal....I'm speechless!
    And THIS is the very reason that I tell guys to not just test everywhere and anywhere to get certified and then think you can easily jump ship and have credibility on a professional PD. You get on one of these corrupt jokes of a PD, and you're low man on the totem pole with no juice, who you think is going to be a scapegoat? That's why I always recommend for someone to deeply study a village and PD before applying. 2 secs of Googling or YouTube would have gave the OP an immediate answer on ESL.
    www.saveavet.org

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
      And THIS is the very reason that I tell guys to not just test everywhere and anywhere to get certified and then think you can easily jump ship and have credibility on a professional PD. You get on one of these corrupt jokes of a PD, and you're low man on the totem pole with no juice, who you think is going to be a scapegoat? That's why I always recommend for someone to deeply study a village and PD before applying. 2 secs of Googling or YouTube would have gave the OP an immediate answer on ESL.
      Yeah I agree. That being said, when I apply to any department I've already done alot of research and also tell people to do the same. I consider myself to be well-informed and not just from this site. I keep up on the politics, geography, demographics, etc Basically, I do my homework on this stuff and know what I'm getting into.
      Last edited by southpaw13; 08-19-2014, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Southpaw, just to clarify, I only quoted yours since it was the shortest and last quote reference the video. I have seen from your previous posts you do do your research. And with BV, it might be political, but it's not a dirty career jeopardizing place. So it was worth a shot.
        www.saveavet.org

Comment

Yeah I know @dogcop. It's never personal for me. I just wanted to clarify that.
          Last edited by southpaw13; 08-19-2014, 02:23 PM.

Comment

The reason I harp on the south burbs, in particular, because they are loaded with people who start out as a PT guy in some crap town, then they are made FT or right up the ladder to Cmdr, Dep Cmdr, Dep Chief, then go to another burb as a Chief or Dep Chief. You would be hard pressed to find some of them that ever took an entrance test for P/O to get on or got made rank through any type of promotional. And all this occurs between about 5 or 6 towns. This guy was a Watch Cmdr here , then is the Dep Chief there, then Chief here and hires his old running buddy that was a "Cmdr " at his old joint as a Dep Chief here. This kind of crap. A lot of this was in "Shaw Controlled" towns.

You test, take polys, psychs, oral boards, meanwhile all the guy that hold gold stars in these places never took a test of any kind to even get hired. See the whole scandal in the last couple months in Robbins. They're crap usually hits the fan when the Fed or State gets involved on "who's who" and how they got there and their background in LE.

The smaller the PD, the less people they have .vs the number of exempt ranks and people in them tells a lot.
            Last edited by ChiTownDet; 01-04-2014, 06:50 PM.

Comment

And people say out of country PD's are corrupt. Holy crap. That E. St Louis video has me blown away. Why hasn't State or a County Agency gone in and shut them down like they did in Ford Heights a while back?? I'm surprised people haven't abandoned that city.

Comment

Nobody shut down anything in Ford Heights (former East Chgo Heights). They indicted about 5 of the coppers, and the Chief just stopped showing up one day, left the station open and took the car. Kind of like an abandoned Police Dept. Back in the day, the biggest dope spot out there was the apron of the Fire Dept driveway..

Got "stopped" by 2 of their geniuses some years back while on an investigation out there. It got real interesting, real fast when people started fingering pistols...

Comment

No kidding? I remember hearing a while back that State shut it down because of corruption and what not. Damn telephone game I guess, lol.

Has that place gotten ANY better since...?

Comment

No. More than half the town is abandoned, knocked down the 2 projects, and patrolled by County, otherwise there'd be no Police patrolling or answering calls out there.

Comment

I have a buddy who's a Brownie who was stuck in Ford Heights for a bit. I won't put on a public forum the way they handled calls or what they did, but they definitely put themselves into "survival mode" and rightfully so.
                      www.saveavet.org

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8366 users online. 336 members and 8030 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X