Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be testing for Midlothian as well, this will be my 17th department that I have applied for. I have a Bachelor's Degree so hopefully those points will help! It's tough out there!

Comment

Originally posted by braz989 View Post
      I will be testing for Midlothian as well, this will be my 17th department that I have applied for. I have a Bachelor's Degree so hopefully those points will help! It's tough out there!
      I will see you at the Power Test...just look for the tall guy
      We don't "LOL" here. This isn't facebook or some text message between BFF's who are all OMG WTFJH and DYST? We type and speak as adults. Fix yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by 300Busa View Post
        I will see you at the Power Test...just look for the tall guy
        What's the run time for over 50?

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
          What's the run time for over 50?
          3 days, you better get training
          We don't "LOL" here. This isn't facebook or some text message between BFF's who are all OMG WTFJH and DYST? We type and speak as adults. Fix yourself.

Comment

really it is 16:21 for ages 50-59

Comment

Well, this has been an interesting read. I have an app in also. I typically place in the top ten for the departments I have gone out for, before preference points. I don't have a degree or military, so that always hurts me and bumps me back. I can usually maintain top female on the list though, however I think there are some departments that just don't want females. Can I blame them? Not really. There are too many dramatic, "something to prove" type females out there that can ruin it for the rest of us. Not sure how to set myself apart :/

Comment

But none of that counts for CPD, does it. "Random" lottery number....

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                  But none of that counts for CPD, does it. "Random" lottery number....
                  Oh CPD, how I long to be with thee.
                  Vaya con dios

Comment

I don't agree with it either. Female stats are a joke. And they can be blown away if the female cares. I work with a female now who did her 1.5 in 12:30, did 50 sit ups and was able to do 48 push ups? She blew her power test away. Why the females have such lax standards...

Comment

Then girls should only chase, wrestle with and fight bad girls...

Comment

Thank you, Nissan. To clarify, I was not insinuating that any or all departments discriminate, but there are many departments that set out to find a particular type or individual. I am currently enrolled in school and working on my degree. It probably won't make much of a difference, considering I will exceed age limitations by the time I finish.

On a lighter note, I was pleasantly surprised by the COPS written exam. I had read a lot about how awful it was, though I seemed to find it very manageable. Anyone that was previously a good student with sharp focus can do well on that test. I believe the key is to read the question, answer the question and move on. No rereading or overthinking and you can finish each section of the test.

Best wishes to all the other candidates out there!

Comment

Did anyone get their letter yet for the oral?

Comment

test results back yet?

Comment

results back? It's quiet in here.

Comment

Originally posted by NissanGTR2013
                                I think the whole 1.5 mile run times for males and females is a joke. If your're 20-29 and a male, you have to do it in 13:46 as opposed to a female ages 20-29 that has to do it in 16:21 (same a man in his 50's).

Just because she is a "female" she gets almost 3 and a half minutes more while the guys are huffing and puffing to finish in under 13:46. You get these little princesses almost walking the whole damn thing and not even smearing there makeup or a drop of sweat and then you see the guys busting there behind to pass. Now I understand the whole "she is a female" argument and I even agree on the other events such as the sit and reach and sit ups and bench press but the 1.5 mile run females get an extra 3 and half minutes REALLY? Ok, I am done with my rant now...
                                If you agree on the sit and reach and sit ups you may as well drop the other arguments. Their anatomies are more suited for sit ups than ours.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8056 users online. 366 members and 7690 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X