• :
    Originally posted by ski1 View Post
    Congrats. Southpaw1
    Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
    DONT FUGG IT UP. Pass it and roll on.
    Originally posted by Fritter View Post
    me too, see you weds southpaw !

Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk
    Hahah scotty! Didn't fail one before and not about to start....I GOT THIS! Fritter's got this too. Lol. Thanks guys! Congrats Fritter. See you Wednesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by southpaw1 View Post
      :Hahah scotty! Didn't fail one before and not about to start....I GOT THIS! Fritter's got this too. Lol. Thanks guys! Congrats Fritter. See you Wednesday.
      For sure Southpaw, you too !

They say its 4 times around the academy ??? Maybe Ill go there tomorrow and get a mock run in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fritter View Post
        For sure Southpaw, you too !

They say its 4 times around the academy ??? Maybe Ill go there tomorrow and get a mock run in.
        Maybe we could meet up and run. I'll let you know!

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Comment

I just got the call to take the Final Power Test next Wednesday for Chicago Metro Academy!!! [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
          what time is it ? so i can go cheer you on lol congrats.

Comment

• Did a mock run at the academy this morning (4 laps around) which I did within my time. Never been down there before, its pretty nice around there. Good to go for 5/4 power test.

@Anderson
            Running down there never crossed my mind until you mentioned it a few post back. Good advice, I feel more comfortable going into it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fritter View Post
              Did a mock run at the academy this morning (4 laps around) which I did within my time. Never been down there before, its pretty nice around there. Good to go for 5/4 power test.

@Anderson
              Running down there never crossed my mind until you mentioned it a few post back. Good advice, I feel more comfortable going into it now.
              hey don't mention it. It does help if you get some practice in because you're adrenaline is going to be off the charts going into the power test. Whatever you do don't stop running, keep a steady pace. only slow down if you have to.

Comment

• Disregard...
                Last edited by southpaw1; 05-06-2016, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Disregard...
                  Last edited by southpaw1; 05-06-2016, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Disregard...
                    You got more disregards than posts buddy. Once that police report gets approved there is taking it back

Comment

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
                      Last edited by ski1; 07-07-2016, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• Disregard...
                        Last edited by southpaw1; 05-23-2016, 12:52 PM.

Comment

I understand but when I write it, it will be complete and final. I didn't want to post identifying info about another candidate that might not want to be mentioned. I basically quoted one of your posts to let you know that I passed the PT at the academy Wednesday. That being said, as of last Friday we were told that HR reduced the number of authorized hires from 3 to 1 (but it wasn't set in stone until today). So there was a little hope left until then. I was #2 for the job.

They basically let us complete the entire...I mean ENTIRE hiring process (including but not limited to the written exam, panel interview, full psych, full medical, updating immunization, taking the ENTRANCE power test at the academy and literally giving us a uniform list and meeting our HRIs) and then sent me a generic email saying thanks for interviewing. Mind you all three of passed everything. I am holding a packet that is signed off? I don't what to make of it.
                          I will not accept any future offer if it we're to present itself here. I will hopefully be at PTI in June for a municipal PD that is closer and it is a good opportunity to get a full range of experience. I guess it would've been easier to say that I'm the guy that got screwed but I have overcame bigger obstacles and I already learned how to pick up the pieces and move forward. Thank you @ski1 for all of your help answering questions in the process and I wish that officer a great career here and wherever else it might lead.
                          Sucks buddy. But you showed you got grit already. So you just keep on plugging along and something will go your way.

Comment

• Disregard...
                            Last edited by southpaw1; 05-23-2016, 12:52 PM.

Comment

I understand but when I write it, it will be complete and final. I didn't want to post identifying info about another candidate that might not want to be mentioned. I basically quoted one of your posts to let you know that I passed the PT at the academy Wednesday. That being said, as of last Friday we were told that HR reduced the number of authorized hires from 3 to 1 (but it wasn't set in stone until today). So there was a little hope left until then. I was #2 for the job.

They basically let us complete the entire...I mean ENTIRE hiring process (including but not limited to the written exam, panel interview, full psych, full medical, updating immunization, taking the ENTRANCE power test at the academy and literally giving us a uniform list and meeting our HRIs) and then sent me a generic email saying thanks for interviewing. Mind you all three of passed everything. I am holding a packet that is signed off? I don't what to make of it.
                              I will not accept any future offer if it we're to present itself here. I will hopefully be at PTI in June for a municipal PD that is closer and it is a good opportunity to get a full range of experience. I guess it would've been easier to say that I'm the guy that got screwed but I have overcame bigger obstacles and I already learned how to pick up the pieces and move forward. Thank you @ski1 for all of your help answering questions in the process and I wish that officer a great career here and wherever else it might lead.
                              Sorry about the way you were treated.
                              But that's how county is. anyone who knows anything knows that place is a joke.

Comment

• Apparently there was some confusion and they responded saying that I am still being considered and on a list for 12 months and next in line. I should be accepting an offer elsewhere though. Thanks again everyone!
                                Last edited by southpaw1; 05-23-2016, 12:51 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7415 users online. 323 members and 7092 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X