300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cook County Hospital Police

HOSPITAL SECURITY OFFICER I - JOHN H. STROGER HOSPITAL- (F.O.P.)

Cook County Health & Hospitals System - Chicago, IL
    Protect and ensure the safety of Hospital employees, patients and visitors to the hospital and its adjacent campus and grounds. Patrols assigned areas, monitors crowds and traffic, responds to incidents as they occur. Complete incident and other reports, as required. Liaison with other law enforcement agencies regarding area crime conditions on Stroger Hospital campus, or any other relevant occurrences. And assists these agencies while on Stroger Hospital campus. Maintains completed status for various annual certification requirements. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS A high school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate is required . (Must provide proof at time of interview). Must possess a valid Illinois Driver’s License. (Must provide license at time of interview) Must
    possess a valid a valid Firearm Owner's Identification (FOID) card issued by the State of Illinois . (Must provide original card at time of interview).
    Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application. (Must provide original birth certificate at time of interview).
    Must not have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor offense.

This position will require candidates to successfully complete the screening or examination processes including a drug screening, physical, psychological exam, and power test as well as successfully completing a police training academy. Candidates must pass the State of Illinois Local Government Law Enforcement Officer’s Certification Exam, in accordance with the standards established by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS : Ability to learn and understand applicable local, state, and federal statutes and ordinances. Ability to understand and obey orders and function within the guidelines, rules and regulations governing Cook County employees and the Stroger Hospital Police Department. Must possess the ability to make sound judgments relating to any and all law enforcement situations. Ability to chronicle events and record information accurately. Ability to read and write English and to communicate effectively. Ability to follow and execute procedures as they relate to emergency and natural disaster situations. Ability to work on a rotating schedule consisting of days, evenings, and night shifts, as well as Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING. COOK COUNTY GOVERNMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Repost 00114340
    Cook County Health & Hospitals System

received an email from HR that my application was on file from the previous opening in 2011
    to reapply under the new posting number? whats going on with these people? Is there any hope of being hired? lol

Comment

Applied thanks, SeVere

Comment

Originally posted by mranderson77 View Post
        whats going on with these people? Is there any hope of being hired? lol
        Absolutely. They're very short staffed

Comment

Last edited by Donnie; 11-12-2013, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by redbird40 View Post
            Applied thanks, SeVere
            You bet!

Comment

I thought County just did the PD work there? Or does External Ops just have their office/holding downstairs and the hospital PD is something entirely different?

Comment

County has people there guarding prisoners. They don't police the hospital, area around hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by Cable View Post
                  Absolutely. They're very short staffed
                  Do you know if they are hiring more than one?

Comment

Does anyone know the pay scale, benefits, schedule, etc? Thanks.
                    Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

Here is the reason why this post
                      came up...

The County had to hire back three officers
                      from Oak Forest Hospital Police because they
                      were laid off out of seniority...

The action was considered unjust and they are now
                      in the processes of going back to Stroger PD unit...

I have a copy of the FOP settlement agreement and
                      this was something I was working on before I left Oak Forest...

Be safe out there...

Comment

One more thing, still apply...

They are short staffed out and retirements
                        are around the corner...

Did anyone take a look at the new Oak Forest
                        Squad cars???

Cool all black new fords and awesome badging...

I have pics. if anyone needs to see them...
                        Last edited by GOTHAMCITYPD; 03-06-2013, 04:16 AM. Reason: Pics. Of squads...

Comment

Originally posted by Challenger_SRT-8 View Post
                          Do you know if they are hiring more than one?
                          They are hiring more than one. A number of officers are retiring, and unfortunately, passing on.

Comment

I started out here. This is the place that sent me to my first Police Academy..

Comment

Originally posted by Cable View Post
                              They are hiring more than one. A number of officers are retiring, and unfortunately, passing on.
                              That is very unfortunate, sorry to hear about that. I'm sure those were long time friends, but thanks for the info. I was just wondering because it was just one posting but nothing reference numbers...
                              Originally posted by GOTHAMCITYPD View Post
                              Here is the reason why this post
                              came up...

The County had to hire back three officers
                              from Oak Forest Hospital Police because they
                              were laid off out of seniority...

The action was considered unjust and they are now
                              in the processes of going back to Stroger PD unit...

I have a copy of the FOP settlement agreement and
                              this was something I was working on before I left Oak Forest...

Be safe out there...
                              I thought the last time they posted was for those laid off officers? There were multiple and they suddenly disappeared before the deadline. So, is this for more laid offs or an actual process?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7637 users online. 387 members and 7250 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X