• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VA would have a PD, but name a Fed organization that doesn't have a PD..LOL

Comment

I'm well aware was just relating it to the hospitals lol

Comment

I don't know. The Sgt there told me they have two in the academy. From the looks of their equipment and cars I would think that they are a PD.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazury401 View Post
          I worked security there before getting hired on with my current department. I'm not surprised that someone there would attempt to say they are "tied in" with a police department.

Don't be fooled: it's security.
          How was it when you worked there? Do you think it could have changed? The officer there told me that they are connected to PRPD and answer their calls.
          Last edited by Two11; 11-30-2012, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Haha calls for service like can you come open this locked door lol joking no idea hat they do but if they are at a civilian hospital not much to do. Unless its a huge hospital with alot of crazies. And in this economy any job is good

Comment

Originally posted by moto111 View Post
              Unless its a huge hospital with alot of crazies.
              The officer there said there is a huge gang problem that they have to deal with. He also said that they go to NIPSTA for training.

Comment

Originally posted by Two11 View Post
                How was it when you worked there? Do you think it could have changed? The officer there told me that they are connected to PRPD and answer their calls.
                Holy crap dude. Your question was answered. Do you really think they go off campus answering calls? Seriously?
                For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

I don't know. The Sgt there told me they have two in the academy. From the looks of their equipment and cars I would think that they are a PD.
                  The officer there said there is a huge gang problem that they have to deal with. He also said that they go to NIPSTA for training.
                  Are you serious? You've been talking to a bunch of "dreamer," wannabes. Read my posts. PRIVATE HOSPITALS CANNOT BE PD's. Now go work there if you want. BTW, what academy are the hospital guards in? Can't go to an academy unless hired by a POLICE DEPT. Gang problem in Park Ridge? Who? The "Insane Skateboarders." "Jewish Princess Mafias." Maybe "The Tree-Lined Suburban Side Street Crew." "Starbuck Kings." Get real. A hospital backing up a PD in a quiet, rich, burb, with not a lot going on?

Are they part of a Task Force with the Ace Hardware Police?

You've been talking to "that guy" over there. Probably a Lt. in the IPR.
                  Last edited by ChiTownDet; 12-01-2012, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Lutheran General Hospital is an affiliate of Advocate Healthcare. They only have public safety officers( cute term for security officers) as every other Advocate Healthcare Center does. The only reason they get training classes from NIPSTA is cause the supervisor there put in an application to be a member of NIPSTA.

V. President’s Report
                    A. Member Application: Lutheran General Hospital
                    Vice President Wiberg presented a nomination for NIPSTA Affiliate Membership by Advocate Lutheran General Hospital’s Public Safety Department. However, a vote of approval of the application was withheld pending a quorum of NIPSTA Board members being present at a future meeting.
                    Sergeant William Castellano, a member of the Lutheran General Hospital Department of Public Safety, commented on the reasons for pursuing NIPSTA membership: standardized training of its staff and critical incident stress debriefing education. With access to the unique training props on the NIPSTA Campus, the hospital intends to establish itself as a model for public safety training among the seven hospitals in the Advocate Healthcare System.
                    Mr. Wiberg opined that the membership benefits should be effective immediately for the hospital’s Public Safety Department and associated staff, even absent a formal vote of approval by the NIPSTA Board of Directors. He then presented a membership plaque to Sergeant Castellano.

Comment

Yep just a security gig no gun no cuffs no special pay . It's a job and would be great while you test to be a cop . But it's still security and hell just because you have nipsta classes doesn't change what they are. Best of luck . And go Alabama lol

Comment

I could have sworn they had an unmarked squad with red and blues...

Comment

Originally posted by moto111 View Post
                          Yep just a security gig no gun no cuffs no special pay
                          I heard that they are allowed to carry off duty like aviation.
                          Last edited by Two11; 12-01-2012, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dompolice View Post
                            I could have sworn they had an unmarked squad with red and blues...
                            Yes you are right! The police officer there stated that it is used for undercover stings around the campus.

Comment

Holy Moly.....

Comment

Someone slangin insurance on hospital grounds. Crazy ****e!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3989 users online. 195 members and 3794 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X