300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
    I had a juvenile officer update with a Park Ridge PD officer and he told me that LGH is 'Public Safety' in name only and although a few off-duty officers work there, they non-sworn security guards.
    Off-duty? No, but retired officers do work there.

Just to clear the air, because I dislike seeing this thread pop up over and over. LGH Public Safety was structured to look like a police department by a certain supervisor (called himself a Lieutenant) a few years ago who couldn't quite make it as a police officer in a real department.

He scheduled training classes on things such as tactical response and the whole "you are the sheepdog" PowerPoints. It convinced the majority of the security guards there to adapt a "we are the protectors" mindset and begin believing they were close to police officer status. They actually did temporarily have a SWAT-like team set up that eventually came crumbling down when the supervisor was fired. It was a sad sight.

You'll see this still ongoing in the department by the way they are dressed to look exactly like police officers, i.e. tactical outer vests, Tasers, FTO patches, etc. The Tasers are even placed in holsters on their strong-side hip to mimic a holstered firearm. They've moved back to regular security vehicles with amber lights, but there is still an unmarked Ford Explorer with red/blue lights that is utilized on a daily basis. No clue how the town's PD allowed this.

No arrests are made, no citations are issues and all is done through the PRPD who would have to come in and have them sign complaints (if necessary.)

TWO11 is a great troll and I've had my share of laughs, but this thread needs to slowly fade away.

Source: I'm a former security guard that was employed there.

Comment

• A lot of security companies are set up like this,it's funny. They try to mimic rank structure and their supervisors are Sgts, Lts, and even Commanders! I'm ashamed I was once one of these so called "brass". I knew better than to kid myself though and just took the .50 cent raise that came along with the prestigious position..lol

Comment

• Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
        Only if he got promoted LOL. From what I'm hearing, he is a former security guard at the hospital.

I had a juvenile officer update with a Park Ridge PD officer and he told me that LGH is 'Public Safety' in name only and although a few off-duty officers work there, they non-sworn security guards.

Hmm interesting. How do you know each other?

Comment

• .50 cent raise WOW! haha bet you felt like a B.A haha JKK

Comment

• Originally posted by Mazury401 View Post
            Off-duty? No, but retired officers do work there.

Just to clear the air, because I dislike seeing this thread pop up over and over. LGH Public Safety was structured to look like a police department by a certain supervisor (called himself a Lieutenant) a few years ago who couldn't quite make it as a police officer in a real department.

He scheduled training classes on things such as tactical response and the whole "you are the sheepdog" PowerPoints. It convinced the majority of the security guards there to adapt a "we are the protectors" mindset and begin believing they were close to police officer status. They actually did temporarily have a SWAT-like team set up that eventually came crumbling down when the supervisor was fired. It was a sad sight.

You'll see this still ongoing in the department by the way they are dressed to look exactly like police officers, i.e. tactical outer vests, Tasers, FTO patches, etc. The Tasers are even placed in holsters on their strong-side hip to mimic a holstered firearm. They've moved back to regular security vehicles with amber lights, but there is still an unmarked Ford Explorer with red/blue lights that is utilized on a daily basis. No clue how the town's PD allowed this.

No arrests are made, no citations are issues and all is done through the PRPD who would have to come in and have them sign complaints (if necessary.)

TWO11 is a great troll and I've had my share of laughs, but this thread needs to slowly fade away.

Source: I'm a former security guard that was employed there.

I told you guys about that black unmarked SUV!!!!!!! I saw one of those guys wearing an officer jacket to a local bar near by after his shift. Shake my head...thats just a liability

Comment

• Originally posted by illiniguy929 View Post
              .50 cent raise WOW! haha bet you felt like a B.A haha JKK
              Sorry what's a BA?? But I did feel like a big shot..lol jk

Comment

• bahaha! I laughed at that comment out loud!

Comment

• Originally posted by topflight View Post
                  Sorry what's a BA?? But I did feel like a big shot..lol jk
                  I bet you did! Lol! You weren't LGHPSDS (Lutheran General Hospital Public Safety Department Security, BTW I just made that up) by any chance? hahah.

Comment

• Did you mean big a..? Lol BA!

Comment

• hahahaha! I haven't laughed this much in a while.

Comment

• Oh btw I let Two11 know that I was just going along with this, so I never meant anything I typed on here. I can't believe this thread has stayed alive this long though! All in good fun

Comment

• Replies: 175
                          Views: 20,226

LMFAO!!!! That's more than some of these real departments got.

Good night, God Bless, and stay safe out there!!

Comment

• LGH security department are nothing but GUARDS.

Comment

• Nooooo it's alive!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Comanche Team 5 View Post
                                LGH security department are nothing but GUARDS.
                                Uh huh! They'z th3 r3al poleese. No, wait, I just became a troll. Back to reality.

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10034 users online. 338 members and 9696 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X