300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LGH Public Safety

Does anyone have any information on this department? Are they certified police? Training? Lateral positions ect....Any info would help.
    Last edited by Two11; 11-28-2012, 08:05 PM.

What is that?

Comment

Are you talking about Lutheran Gen Hospital security? If so, you're security for the hospital, not Police, not a peace officer, not sent to an academy.

Comment

I was talking to one of the officers there and he said that they are tied in with Park Ridge PD. They are a certified police department. They have one opening for anyone interested.

Comment

Private hospital cannot have a certified PD. He's BS'ing you. They may be Park Ridge Auxiliary or something like that, but a private institution (other than a private Univ. or RR) can not have a PD.

There are numerous hospital security guard openings in the Chgo area.
          Last edited by ChiTownDet; 11-29-2012, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Down here in Texas, hospitals have full police depts. they are given their power from the county. Don't know about IL though

Comment

It's the same here, in Cook County at least. I haven't heard of any other counties with hospital Police but there are only a couple Hospitals I know of. Stroger and Oak Forest. Think they are certified through Cook County Sheriff's Police Academy. All others I believe are security officers, whether they are armed or unarmed. Could be wrong though

Comment

Originally posted by Challenger_SRT-8 View Post
                It's the same here, in Cook County at least. I haven't heard of any other counties with hospital Police but there are only a couple Hospitals I know of. Stroger and Oak Forest. Think they are certified through Cook County Sheriff's Police Academy. All others I believe are security officers, whether they are armed or unarmed. Could be wrong though
                They are, along with Oak Forest Hosp. and Provident, Police Officers because they are County owned and operated hospitals, thus municipal entities, not private hospitals. Others (private hospitals) cannot have full , certified PD's, but they may have agreements through the towns they are in to have their guards given powers through that town as auxiliaries, "special," or reserve P/O's. But standing on their own, cannot be a PD in Ill.
                Last edited by ChiTownDet; 11-30-2012, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                  Others (private hospitals) cannot have full , certified PD's, but they may have agreements through the towns they are in to have their guards given powers through that town as auxiliaries, "special," or reserve P/O's. But standing on their own, cannot be a PD in Ill.
                  An example of what Chitown is talking about is Rush Hospital security's designation of "Special Police" in Chicago.

UIC, Northwestern, and U of C PDs have 1 or 2 man details that work their hospitals, but they're primarily patrolled by security.

Comment

Chitown has been around a long time and worked in a variety of places, so I would go ahead and assume he knows what he is talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by ISPTPR22 View Post
                      Chitown has been around a long time
                      I think saw hospitals when they made you bite down on a stick while your leg was amputated.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                        They are, along with Oak Forest Hosp. and Provident, Police Officers because they are County owned and operated hospitals, thus municipal entities, not private hospitals. Others (private hospitals) cannot have full , certified PD's, but they may have agreements through the towns they are in to have their guards given powers through that town as auxiliaries, "special," or reserve P/O's. But standing on their own, cannot be a PD in Ill.
                        That's what I figured. Every time I've seen postings for hospitals, with the exception of County, it says security officers and I've never heard of PD's being "tied" with Police Depts cept UIC & U of C either

Comment

Originally posted by Item9 View Post
                          I think saw hospitals when they made you bite down on a stick while your leg was amputated.
                          We'd have them take a swig of "Old Red Eye," and then give them the ball from our black powder pistol to bite down on..LOL After we tied our horses up out front..

Northwestern Memorial Hosp. is actually a separate entity from the Univ. Always had their own security, now contract security.

Comment

Originally posted by Two11 View Post
                            I was talking to one of the officers there and he said that they are tied in with Park Ridge PD. They are a certified police department. They have one opening for anyone interested.
                            I worked security there before getting hired on with my current department. I'm not surprised that someone there would attempt to say they are "tied in" with a police department.

Don't be fooled: it's security.

Comment

Federal hospitals have sworn fed police officers . But not regular hospitals aroun here they are just security

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8768 users online. 482 members and 8286 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X