Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DQ'ed From Chicago Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by chi town girl 01 View Post
    He still never said what drug it was
    Its has to be some other drug besides weed...CPD has no tolerance for any other drug period!

    In 2006, when we had to go for our written pysch exam...if you were told to proceed ahead down a long hallway you were fine... If you were directed to the room to the left of the check in table ... You, were disqualified.... I had a friend that was told to go to the room on the left... She was told that she was being DQ'd because she admitted to using Cocaine on her PHQ.... Automatic DQ...She did not appeal

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by SmileyJ View Post
      Its has to be some other drug besides weed...CPD has no tolerance for any other drug period!

      In 2006, when we had to go for our written pysch exam...if you were told to proceed ahead down a long hallway you were fine... If you were directed to the room to the left of the check in table ... You, were disqualified.... I had a friend that was told to go to the room on the left... She was told that she was being DQ'd because she admitted to using Cocaine on her PHQ.... Automatic DQ...She did not appeal

      Comment


      • #18
        It was cigarettes.
        Last edited by USMC86; 06-03-2017, 11:49 AM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Yeah, I've heard from multiple people if you have anything else besides mj you're toast for Chicago. 20 is also not that young...

          Comment


          • #20
            You were an adult and committed a felony. That's why you were DQ'ed

            Comment


            • #21
              Imagine the press on that one. God forbid something happens down the road where one gets addicted to narcotics and does something outrageous, the press would be "how could they hire this person, knowing that they had done cocaine in the past?" "They should watch their hiring standards."

              Just like certain people currently in the news with a bar beating. The same questions are being asked. Imagine if he had done Cocaine 6 years before getting on the job. We wouldn't be hearing the end of it.

              You have to manage known risks and doing cocaine in my opinion as a 20 year old is a known risk when there are thousands who have never done cocaine. Give them a shot.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by USMC86 View Post
                it was cocaine. it was almost 6 years ago. we'll see what happens with the appeal. at that time i didn't even qualify to apply. i was 20.
                Ya' know, I guess this forum probably isn't the place for my mothering phylisophical lectures to take place but I'm going to humor myself on this one because I think it is SO important.

                My heart goes out to you USMC because I think you''re the victim of society's twisted thinking about the whole drug issue. For you to think that youth is reason to allow for indescretions about drugs, for you to think that cocaine, even on just a few occasions might be overlooked or excused is mind boggling to me.

                I know a lot of people probably will think I just came out from under a rock with my attitude about drugs, but that attitude comes from having a lot of close family members who were in medicine and the knowledge that I grew up with about how devastating drugs are to the body and mind, not an old fuddy duddy religious or moral no-no about them.

                Society has taken on an incredibly risky attitude toward drugs. Shame on my generation for allowing it to become what it is today and for kids like USMC to look at "a little" use of cocaine as if it was no big deal.
                That, "No big deal" experiment just cost this kid a CAREER! I consider that a big deal.

                Hope you find employment in some other area that you love, USMC, and thanks once again for your service!
                Last edited by Popspd; 11-15-2012, 10:42 AM.
                Why u asking me? I don't have a clue!! I'm just a know-it-all 'cause I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt to prove it!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Popspd View Post
                  Ya' know, I guess this forum probably isn't the place for my mothering phylisophical lectures to take place but I'm going to humor myself on this one because I think it is SO important.

                  My heart goes out to you USMC because I think you''re the victim of society's twisted thinking about the whole drug issue. For you to think that youth is reason to allow for indescretions about drugs, for you to think that cocaine, even on just a few occasions might be overlooked or excused is mind boggling to me.

                  I know a lot of people probably will think I just came out from under a rock with my attitude about drugs, but that attitude comes from having a lot of close family members who were in medicine and the knowledge that I grew up with about how devastating drugs are to the body and mind, not an old fuddy duddy religious or moral no-no about them.

                  Society has taken on an incredibly risky attitude toward drugs. Shame on my generation for allowing it to become what it is today and for kids like USMC to look at "a little" use of cocaine as if it was no big deal.
                  That, "No big deal" experiment just cost this kid a CAREER! I consider that a big deal.

                  Hope you find employment in some other area that you love, USMC, and thanks once again for your service!
                  you're making it seem like i won't get hired on any police department.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    It's a strong probability you won't. But if this is what you want then don't give up. There maybe one that will overlook it and bring you on. Good luck bro.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      "I know a lot of people probably will think I just came out from under a rock with my attitude about drugs, but that attitude comes from having a lot of close family members who were in medicine and the knowledge that I grew up with about how devastating drugs are to the body and mind, not an old fuddy duddy religious or moral no-no about them."

                      It's great that you had family to educate you about drugs. But a lot of youth don't. Myself for instance, I grew up in Pilsen where if I wanted any drug I could've asked one or two people from the street and would've have been given a spot for whatever I was lookin for. My dad didn't educate me about drugs. All he said was they're bad and if you ever touch them ill beat your ***! So I never did cause I was afraid of my dad and I thought only poor people and bangers did drugs. That's how uneducated I was. It wasn't until high school and college when I started to hang with friends from other neighborhoods and saw they used marijuana. These were kids who had both parents and made good money. But I never touched it cause I was an athlete. When I was in college I was playing ball with rich kids from Naperville who were coming to school in BMW's and Benz'. These kids did the most drugs and it blew my mind cause I was like these kids have more money than ill ever know and they're doing drugs? It was a culture shock. I think what saved me was growing up in Pilsen and seeing friends high on pcp, acid and marijuana and seeing how they behaved high. I was afraid looking like a jack *** just like them so I never did it. But not everyone has those experiences and education on drugs. Unfortunately they experiment for themselves and get caught in a situation like USMC.
                      Last edited by JG0304; 11-15-2012, 11:47 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by USMC86 View Post
                        you're making it seem like i won't get hired on any police department.
                        The CPD Cops that DQ'd my friend ... told her to go Federal...

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by SmileyJ View Post
                          The CPD Cops that DQ'd my friend ... told her to go Federal...
                          And they are even LESS forgiving. More competition and just because you pass the tests with the feds does not mean you are in.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            People will get dq'd for any reason they see fit. I went through the whole process with county and wasn't hired because some jackass investigator didn't take a liking to me for whatever reason. Did I make a thread and whine about it?. No. Honestly,I wouldn't be applying for these jobs if I didn't get an A.A in acriminal justice but I can't seem to get any other position with this useless AA
                            Last edited by mranderson77; 11-15-2012, 07:35 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Duplicate Post.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                This was helpful.
                                Last edited by chicity_fineone; 03-26-2017, 05:19 AM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12775 users online. 464 members and 12311 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X