300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lombard

I was wondering if anyone has any general info on this department, i know its a upper class community with a large shopping center, do you know if they are very strict such as departments like naperville or orland, and if there are any crime problems out there, or is it a fairly low crime area?

Lombard is a large area. It has it's bad spots (Clover Creek apartments and the area near north ave). And I wouldn't say it's upper class compared to Elmhurst and Oak Brook. It's definitely a changing area from what it used to be. The dept seems pretty strict from what I hear from friends. I have two friends (one already a part time officer and one just starting) that don't want to touch Lombard. Just too much BS I guess...I dunno. I peeked at the app and compared to other police apps i've seen it is very very thorough. I'm surprised it didn't ask the degree of smell of a fart from 1987. The crime is a lot of traffic stuff, retail theft, etc. There are drug issues in the bad areas and along roosevelt road. Villa Park plays a role in that as well and the fact that Roosevelt is a straight shot to 290 to head downtown.

Comment

Thanks for the info, definetly not the police work im looking to do. Many people pick these departments because of the pay but usually end up miserable because of all the rules and regulations.
      Last edited by Matt1867; 11-12-2012, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt1867 View Post
        Thanks for the info, definetly not the police work im looking to do. Many people pick these departments because of the pay but usually end up miserable because of all the rules and regulations.
        Cops end up miserable just because cops complain. Don't matter what department they're at. I take it you're looking for some "action." No need to worry. If you get on, action will be looking for you.

Comment

Ya haha i am, but have seen first hand how rules, regulations, and micro managment kill the moral of the department, and stop everyone from wanting to be proactive, and then causing them to have the attitude that they are just there to answer their calls, and get their check and thats it.

Comment

Ya haha i am, but have seen first hand how rules, regulations, and micro managment kill the moral of the department, and stop everyone from wanting to be proactive, and then causing them to have the attitude that they are just there to answer their calls, and get their check and thats it.
            That is pretty much every department in some way, shape or form.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSheepdog54 View Post
              I thought I just summed this up for him. Guess not.

Comment

I can tell you some sure fire places to go for action. Funny thing is other departments look down on them because they are more loose with rules and and regs, plus they seem to lack sound management. Some of the the pay is decent and some it is horrible but if you want shootings and domestics..they're out there. Places where the police have killed someone this year.

Comment

how did the test go this past weekend? did a lot of people show up?

Comment

Did anyone have an interview yet?

Comment

I failed the written exam and felt extremely comfortable with my results... I wish the ones who passed good luck. Keep us posted for those of you in the process

Comment

are they hiring?

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSheepdog54 View Post
                          Amen brother. I've seen officers leave departments where they made less than 10 arrests a year thinking the grass will be greener on the other side. They move to a busy department where they're making 2-3 arrests a day and they are still unhappy.

Go where the pay is good, where the brass isn't critiquing your every move on every silly call and where you have a diverse lineup of officers. Your going to have "that guy" at every department I can guarantee you.

If you can get on a sheriffs department as patrol it seems to be a nice gig to work. Lots of territory to patrol, nice variety of calls and if you need a supervisor, you can make a phone call. Best of luck to you. Remember theres usually a reason why certain departments are always hiring and have a high turnover rate. No one would leave great job by choice. Oh and if your truely curious, try and get a ride a long set up. Some departments still do them.
                          Alex: You do what you are Jezzie.

Jezzie: You mean you are what you do.

Alex: No, I mean, you do what you are. You're born with a gift. If not that, then you get good at something along the way. And what you're good at, you don't take for granted. You don't betray it.

Jezzie: What if you do, betray your gift?

Alex: Then you betray yourself. That's a sad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by axelfoley4 View Post
                            Amen brother. I've seen officers leave departments where they made less than 10 arrests a year thinking the grass will be greener on the other side. They move to a busy department where they're making 2-3 arrests a day and they are still unhappy.

Go where the pay is good, where the brass isn't critiquing your every move on every silly call and where you have a diverse lineup of officers. Your going to have "that guy" at every department I can guarantee you.

If you can get on a sheriffs department as patrol it seems to be a nice gig to work. Lots of territory to patrol, nice variety of calls and if you need a supervisor, you can make a phone call. Best of luck to you. Remember theres usually a reason why certain departments are always hiring and have a high turnover rate. No one would leave great job by choice. Oh and if your truely curious, try and get a ride a long set up. Some departments still do them.
                            Nicely put..hopefully we all end up in great departments.

Comment

Anyone know what written test they're going to use for this Saturday May 16, 2015 and how many Lombard PD is planning on hiring? A company called Stanford and Associates is going to be conducting the written test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5029 users online. 273 members and 4756 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X