• Show
Clear All

• Jailcop39
    replied
    Did you say Boone County?? :-o

Leave a comment:

• JG0304
    replied
    I'm saying oak lawn. Don't know why, just first dept that came to mind.

Leave a comment:

• jeffIL
    replied
    Originally posted by Jailcop39 View Post
    jeffIL,

Are your poking at me cuz I'm a jailer??!! Hahahaha. Only kidding. What dept are you with?
    I work north of Springfield and south of Waukegan. I've done a decent job of keeping it secret on here!

Leave a comment:

• Jailcop39
    replied
    Wow! That is ridiculous! What on earth would possess a Corrections Officer to blatantly put themselves and others at risk acting outside the scope of their job duties?? No one would catch me doing that. Those t.v.shows are fake and not accurate at all. First they need to be able to swear every other word. Hahaha.

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownDet
    replied
    One afternoon, while working, we hear a siren and here comes a car down 87th St. followed by an unmarked Chevy, complete with flashing headlights and blue/red rear window lights chasing this car. We get in it and the car goes all over my old neighborhood until the chased veh. tries to make an alley and hits a garage. Guy and gal in the car are put in cuffs and my partner and I ask, "What Dept. are you with?" to the guy in the Chevy. He says "County." Well, what's up with this? "I was chasing them for shoplifting, Thanks," as he starts to get in his unmarked Chevy. "Whoa, hold the phone, where are you going?" "Oh, I'm off duty, working at a grocery store. This is my personal car." Sorry, Charlie, this is your mess you started. He wasn't handing this clusterFck to us. We took our cuffs off the "offenders" and left. Have a beat car and your bosses figure this crap out.

These are the Correction guys that some coppers have a problem with. When they think it's like TV Police with all the car chases and shootouts and then hand it to the Police with a "Book 'em, Danno."

What I never understood is the animosity between CC Corrections and CCSPD, since they worked the jail before their phone call came through to make them CCSPD. Almost like some of them want to show everyone "Look at me, I have way more clout than you do."
    Last edited by ChiTownDet; 08-27-2012, 09:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jailcop39
    replied
    jeffIL,

Are your poking at me cuz I'm a jailer??!! Hahahaha. Only kidding. What dept are you with?

Leave a comment:

• Que_Dog7
    replied
    Originally posted by Jailcop39 View Post
    I enjoy all of the feedback and perceptions displayed here. There is a lot of excellent valuable opinions out there. I too do my best to be humble out on the street because I indeed have been given a break or two. Plus it's the POs turf. If a Corrections Officer was say around 40 yrs old, where might he apply to go to the road? Given I have aged out of most municipalities. Some solid suggestions on where to consider would be appreciated. Sheriff's Offices? Different states? I don't have political connections or anything either. But if someone out there does, hook a Jailer up! Lol
    IL State Police allows people 40+ to apply if you meet these other requirements listed on their website:

http://www.illinoistrooper.com/requirements.html

Leave a comment:

• jeffIL
    replied
    [QUOTE=Jailcop39;3130099]jeffIL,

I am not worried about a thing. A person can call me whatever they want in regards to this, I'm called much worse almost on a daily basis by those whom I "guard" as you would say. It's only conversation. You say "it is what it is" do you know what it is? I appreciate the brief counseling session on what to worry about and what not to worry about though. Are you going to send me a bill?[/QUOTE
    Apparently you ARE worried about it since you created this lengthy post about it.

Leave a comment:

• SeVere
    replied
    Originally posted by JG0304 View Post
    The comment about all CO's working the street was a joke. I know some couldn't work the street cause they would be handing out street justice on a regular basis.

Also I've had Chicago guys make comments about real police while we were assisting on calls. And Chicago units give attitudes while in their district looking for offenders.
    If Chicago Police make that comment it is usually in the context where someone from County wants Chicago to do something that the Chicago Police think the county should be doing. I know that they do not like handling things like arrests for county when they think they should just do it themselves. It is as if, hey if you were the real police you wouldn't need me to process this for you.

I have had county assist us before and it was appreciated. I suppose it's whether or not the Chicago people think that you are just sticking your nose into something or whether your assistance is truly needed like it was in my case.

Some people are just strokes, you can't help that.

Leave a comment:

• Jailcop39
    replied
    I enjoy all of the feedback and perceptions displayed here. There is a lot of excellent valuable opinions out there. I too do my best to be humble out on the street because I indeed have been given a break or two. Plus it's the POs turf. If a Corrections Officer was say around 40 yrs old, where might he apply to go to the road? Given I have aged out of most municipalities. Some solid suggestions on where to consider would be appreciated. Sheriff's Offices? Different states? I don't have political connections or anything either. But if someone out there does, hook a Jailer up! Lol

Leave a comment:

• JG0304
    replied
    Originally posted by SeVere View Post
    I don't agree. I think most cops could work the jail. They just wouldn't like it very much. I also think most not all C.O.'s can work the street. The real police comments were from recruits who still don't know their asses from a hole in the ground.

They know nothing about policing but yet they know everything about jailing and policing.
    The comment about all CO's working the street was a joke. I know some couldn't work the street cause they would be handing out street justice on a regular basis.

Also I've had Chicago guys make comments about real police while we were assisting on calls. And Chicago units give attitudes while in their district looking for offenders.

Leave a comment:

• SeVere
    replied
    Originally posted by Criminalgrrl View Post
    I didn't know that. Even just wearing the pants with a plain regular shirt is a no-no?
    When I was there yes. I don't know if it changed.

Leave a comment:

• Criminalgrrl
    replied
    Originally posted by SeVere View Post
    It was Cook County's GO's that required them to either wear uniform or not wear uniform. No parts and no coverages were allowed. They could get written up just for wearing a cover over their shirts.
    I didn't know that. Even just wearing the pants with a plain regular shirt is a no-no?

Leave a comment:

• SeVere
    replied
    Originally posted by Criminalgrrl View Post
    I don't have a problem with COs. Theirs is a tough job.

I have noticed something though, most notably in Cook County. I have seen so many Cook County COs driving in their personal cars or going into businesses in their full uniform without wearing a jersey or jacket to cover their shirt/patches. I think this is stupid and extremely dangerous for any CO or Patrol Officer to do.
    I've even had a few calls on duty where a CO was involved in something (road rage, disturbance whatever) where both stories on each side differ and then we are stuck in the middle or possibly face the accusation of siding with the CO simply bc they are a CO or the ever famous complaint of "the thin blue sticking together and covering up for eachother" line.

I have had some officers in intake give me a little attitude sometimes when there is a small error with paperwork or there is a paper missing, but it doesn't really bother me...I'm sure it gets frustrating when you see the same errors come in from road guys one after the other and afterall, what's needed seems to change so often and there's differences on what you need pending on what day of the week and which location you're transporting the person to that it's hard to keep it all straight. Luckily I don't have to worry much about doing transports anymore.
    It was Cook County's GO's that required them to either wear uniform or not wear uniform. No parts and no coverages were allowed. They could get written up just for wearing a cover over their shirts.

Leave a comment:

• Criminalgrrl
    replied
    I don't have a problem with COs. Theirs is a tough job.

I have noticed something though, most notably in Cook County. I have seen so many Cook County COs driving in their personal cars or going into businesses in their full uniform without wearing a jersey or jacket to cover their shirt/patches. I think this is stupid and extremely dangerous for any CO or Patrol Officer to do.
    I've even had a few calls on duty where a CO was involved in something (road rage, disturbance whatever) where both stories on each side differ and then we are stuck in the middle or possibly face the accusation of siding with the CO simply bc they are a CO or the ever famous complaint of "the thin blue sticking together and covering up for eachother" line.

I have had some officers in intake give me a little attitude sometimes when there is a small error with paperwork or there is a paper missing, but it doesn't really bother me...I'm sure it gets frustrating when you see the same errors come in from road guys one after the other and afterall, what's needed seems to change so often and there's differences on what you need pending on what day of the week and which location you're transporting the person to that it's hard to keep it all straight. Luckily I don't have to worry much about doing transports anymore.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6988 users online. 383 members and 6605 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X