300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Jailcop39;3130099]jeffIL,

I am not worried about a thing. A person can call me whatever they want in regards to this, I'm called much worse almost on a daily basis by those whom I "guard" as you would say. It's only conversation. You say "it is what it is" do you know what it is? I appreciate the brief counseling session on what to worry about and what not to worry about though. Are you going to send me a bill?[/QUOTE
    Apparently you ARE worried about it since you created this lengthy post about it.
    For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Originally posted by Jailcop39 View Post
      I enjoy all of the feedback and perceptions displayed here. There is a lot of excellent valuable opinions out there. I too do my best to be humble out on the street because I indeed have been given a break or two. Plus it's the POs turf. If a Corrections Officer was say around 40 yrs old, where might he apply to go to the road? Given I have aged out of most municipalities. Some solid suggestions on where to consider would be appreciated. Sheriff's Offices? Different states? I don't have political connections or anything either. But if someone out there does, hook a Jailer up! Lol
      IL State Police allows people 40+ to apply if you meet these other requirements listed on their website:

http://www.illinoistrooper.com/requirements.html

Comment

jeffIL,

Are your poking at me cuz I'm a jailer??!! Hahahaha. Only kidding. What dept are you with?

Comment

One afternoon, while working, we hear a siren and here comes a car down 87th St. followed by an unmarked Chevy, complete with flashing headlights and blue/red rear window lights chasing this car. We get in it and the car goes all over my old neighborhood until the chased veh. tries to make an alley and hits a garage. Guy and gal in the car are put in cuffs and my partner and I ask, "What Dept. are you with?" to the guy in the Chevy. He says "County." Well, what's up with this? "I was chasing them for shoplifting, Thanks," as he starts to get in his unmarked Chevy. "Whoa, hold the phone, where are you going?" "Oh, I'm off duty, working at a grocery store. This is my personal car." Sorry, Charlie, this is your mess you started. He wasn't handing this clusterFck to us. We took our cuffs off the "offenders" and left. Have a beat car and your bosses figure this crap out.

These are the Correction guys that some coppers have a problem with. When they think it's like TV Police with all the car chases and shootouts and then hand it to the Police with a "Book 'em, Danno."

What I never understood is the animosity between CC Corrections and CCSPD, since they worked the jail before their phone call came through to make them CCSPD. Almost like some of them want to show everyone "Look at me, I have way more clout than you do."
          Last edited by ChiTownDet; 08-27-2012, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Wow! That is ridiculous! What on earth would possess a Corrections Officer to blatantly put themselves and others at risk acting outside the scope of their job duties?? No one would catch me doing that. Those t.v.shows are fake and not accurate at all. First they need to be able to swear every other word. Hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Jailcop39 View Post
              jeffIL,

Are your poking at me cuz I'm a jailer??!! Hahahaha. Only kidding. What dept are you with?
              I work north of Springfield and south of Waukegan. I've done a decent job of keeping it secret on here!
              For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

I'm saying oak lawn. Don't know why, just first dept that came to mind.

Comment

Did you say Boone County?? :-o

Comment

P.s. Just out of curiosity, how difficult is it to get on CPD these days?

Comment

Actually, I think this discussion was wayyy over due on this message board. It has been peaceful for way to long.

Comment

I have always had my hat off to the corrections officer. The bottom line is they do a job that I know I cannot do and you will never hear me complain. Talk about not forgetting where you came from I had a situation a few years ago when I assist the CCSPD on a possible burglary in progress. Their dispatch said they were a ways out but we arrived at the same time. We entered the residence and announced .....there was no answer. While clearing the residence a subject emerged from a bedroom. The CCSPD officer immediately challenged and said who are you. The subject puffed his chest and said I aint got to tell you sh...! Before the subject could finish his sentence the CCSPD officer clearly had a flashback to his CCDOC days and proceeded to "instruct" the subject on the logic behind being respectful to the police. Bad guy went to Markham, end of story. The morale of the story is you can take the CO out of the jail but you cannot take the jail out of the COP.
                        You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                          One afternoon, while working, we hear a siren and here comes a car down 87th St. followed by an unmarked Chevy, complete with flashing headlights and blue/red rear window lights chasing this car. We get in it and the car goes all over my old neighborhood until the chased veh. tries to make an alley and hits a garage. Guy and gal in the car are put in cuffs and my partner and I ask, "What Dept. are you with?" to the guy in the Chevy. He says "County." Well, what's up with this? "I was chasing them for shoplifting, Thanks," as he starts to get in his unmarked Chevy. "Whoa, hold the phone, where are you going?" "Oh, I'm off duty, working at a grocery store. This is my personal car." Sorry, Charlie, this is your mess you started. He wasn't handing this clusterFck to us. We took our cuffs off the "offenders" and left. Have a beat car and your bosses figure this crap out.

These are the Correction guys that some coppers have a problem with. When they think it's like TV Police with all the car chases and shootouts and then hand it to the Police with a "Book 'em, Danno."

What I never understood is the animosity between CC Corrections and CCSPD, since they worked the jail before their phone call came through to make them CCSPD. Almost like some of them want to show everyone "Look at me, I have way more clout than you do."
                          You sure it wasnt a certain CPD LT from PHN????
                          You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

He works for Cicero.
                            "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

Comment

I remember a "robo-jailer" years ago almost always looking for things to do in regards to local law enforcement. For example, when he was hired for the County he was sworn in as a Deputy sheriff assigned to the jail and all the extra responsibilities. At that time the jail was staffed by road Deputies who ****ed off the Sheriff somehow. But it was a rather small operation at the time. This particular Officer would try to stop and "assist" patrol on traffic stops etc. At some point in the 80s or early 90s the title Deputy was exchanged for Corrections Officer including a split in FOP units. This eliminated SLEP pension, powers of arrest, and off duty carry. Basically in what I gather, the states attorney and Sheriff of the time wanted to save money and really didn't care much for Corrections. The only time i'd offer assistance is if a cops life was in danger or I was asked to help. The street is not my turf and I wouldn't get in the way like the guy I'm speaking of. I don't think there are any cops that would run into my jail and attempt to bark orders at inmates. It isn't in their job description. Nor is me doing the same on the street.
                              Last edited by Jailcop39; 08-27-2012, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cityblusuit View Post
                                You sure it wasnt a certain CPD LT from PHN????
                                He just retired maybe 2 yrs ago. He did have better crap on his ride, and better radios, than the City put in ours, didn't he CityBlue?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8971 users online. 393 members and 8578 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X