300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darien PD Written 08/25/12

I didn't see an existing thread on this testing date. Is anyone going this Saturday? I heard that they use Laser testing service and I do not have any experience with them. Any good/bad reviews? Thanks guys, stay safe out there.

I'll be there. And they are using PSR, not laser. Which means it will either be the NCJ or the NCJ-2.

Comment

Same here....wondering if they are hiring any of the back

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Raiden! Did you take any practice tests for the NCJ? I don't recall ever taking that one.

Comment

I've done the NCJ enough, lol. NCJ is not hard, but the math can catch you off guard. If its the NCJ-2, there is no math, but there are face matching and pattern questions that become irritating. Regardless, neither is REALLY difficult.

Comment

NCJ-2....Im pretty sure this was the same one County used....

Comment

How many showed? 230 showed at bloomingdale hiring 1 for now

Comment

I was basically the last one in the door because I woke up late, lol. Room had maybe 120? Hiring 1/2 immediate, and "POSSIBLY" 3/4 more with retirements.

I don't care much for that schedule/rotation though. Every 28 days you switch shifts and day offs are only assigned by seniority?

Comment

I know Darien officers were at Harvey's test. Not sure if they made it or not.
                  "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

Comment

Originally posted by 383897 View Post
                    Why would they go from darien to harvey?

Comment

Harvey's reputation is a lot better then people who are not from the south suburbs think. At the Harvey test there was at least 12 certified officers from the surrounding suburbs.
                      "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

Comment

I am from south suburbs and i went to the academy with a bunch of harvey guys a few years back, still in contact with a few. While they are all doing well there there, I don't hear from many that it is a place they want to make a career out of, as most are testing elsewhere. Some that I went to the academy with a few years ago have already moved on , but to each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by gogokart98 View Post
                          Why would they go from darien to harvey?
                          Exact thing I was wondering. This is like leaving Tinley Park PD to go work in the Robbins PD.

Comment

Originally posted by 383897 View Post
                            people want to work in harvey??

Comment

Originally posted by RMM View Post
                              Exact thing I was wondering. This is like leaving Tinley Park PD to go work in the Robbins PD.
                              No it's like leaving CPD to work in crown point, IN

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5267 users online. 199 members and 5068 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X