300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
    I have about a month to prepare for my seconds COPS test within a few months apart and I absolutely have to pass.
    You confuse me. You are gung ho for CPD, yet take the CFD test and say it is the best job ever, was almost done with another suburb's hiring process and motivated for that, yet now have to pass this other COPS exam...?

I got Ebola trying to figure you out... Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
      You confuse me. You are gung ho for CPD, yet take the CFD test and say it is the best job ever, was almost done with another suburb's hiring process and motivated for that, yet now have to pass this other COPS exam...?

I got Ebola trying to figure you out... Lol
      The way I'm looking at it is, until I get the actual call with an official offer of employment as a PPO and given a start date at whichever academy, I will test everywhere I can to both increase my chances of getting on, and to also gain experience with each step of the hiring process so I can continue to perfect each step until I get on. I just have very high standards for myself and I view each and every single written exam and every step of the process I go through as the most important step up to date. I want to be the best at everything I do and just work hard to get to that level. No matter how close I am to getting on, if I'm not officially given the offer yet, I strive to pass every exam with a high score. I guess I got that determination and work ethic from my dad and from wrestling when I was in high school.

I view failing a single exam as not acceptable by my standards even if I'm already on the list for 15 different departments, until I get the offer I will just keep testing, and I expect myself to pass with a high score for every single step and written exam.

I'm pretty strict on myself, like a drill instructor to myself in achieve greatness and never settling for second place
      Last edited by SomeChicagoDude; 12-23-2014, 08:55 PM.
      "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
        The way I'm looking at it is, until I get the actual call with an official offer of employment as a PPO and given a start date at whichever academy, I will test everywhere I can to both increase my chances of getting on, and to also gain experience with each step of the hiring process so I can continue to perfect each step until I get on. I just have very high standards for myself and I view each and every single written exam and every step of the process I go through as the most important step up to date. I want to be the best at everything I do and just work hard to get to that level. No matter how close I am to getting on, if I'm not officially given the offer yet, I strive to pass every exam with a high score. I guess I got that determination and work ethic from my dad and from wrestling when I was in high school.

I view failing a single exam as not acceptable by my standards even if I'm already on the list for 15 different departments, until I get the offer I will just keep testing, and I expect myself to pass with a high score for every single step and written exam.

I'm pretty strict on myself, like a drill instructor to myself in achieve greatness and never settling for second place
        This ^

I started the testing process with CPD in 2013. I have applied anywhere I qualified or felt it was worth it to apply (distance from home, pay, etc). I have taken about 8 or 9 tests so far. Passed all of them and I am on 6 eligibility lists.

The day I step foot inside an Academy will be the day I stop applying.

Comment

I like that chicago dude, your a go getter

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero1138 View Post
            I like that chicago dude, your a go getter
            Thank you guys I appreciate it!
            "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6243 users online. 204 members and 6039 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X