300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops

Any advice on the COPS test? What sections make up this test?
    "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

its a test that a lot of people hate...I always did decent on it when I was testing, but I still hated taking it. Its a fast paced test with little time to complete each section. Don't worry if you dont answer every question, I don't think I ever did.
    We don't "LOL" here. This isn't facebook or some text message between BFF's who are all OMG WTFJH and DYST? We type and speak as adults. Fix yourself.

Comment

What does it consist of?
      "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

Comment

A little bit of everything and anything. Some of it makes no sense whatsoever, you can't really practice for it. Once you take it you'll see the concept of it. The good thing is that the test NEVER changes, so if you test for multiple depts. it will be all the same which will help you a lot during the memorization section of the test.

Comment

Originally posted by 383897 View Post
          What does it consist of?
          it consists of bull**** followed by more bull****. look up bear market vs bull market.

Comment

The key to the test is not to answer every question. if you only answer 40 out of 100 and get all 40 right then thats better then answering 90 out of 100 and getting 40 wrong. Get what im saying.

Comment

It has been made clear that not answering a question on C.O.P.S. test is marked incorrect and counted against the tester.

To the original poster, go to the Schaumburg office and take the practice test. It's around $25.

Years back this test use to be much more difficult. Time limits were increased around 2008 and 2009. I remember the first section only having a minute and half to complete it.
              Last edited by LockednLoaded; 07-22-2012, 06:20 PM.
              "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

Originally posted by Glawk View Post
                it consists of bull**** followed by more bull****. look up bear market vs bull market.
                How many would-be cops even know what a bear market is, lol. Or what the word Loquacious even means. That test is exactly what you said, bull**** on top of bull****. What I don't get, is how they ask a tactic question on that test about how to approach a door of a called in domestic with multiple choice answers. How can you ask something like that on an entry-level test? Or the question on GUESSING what someone thought was the license plate of a get-away vehicle. There are quite a few questions on that test that shouldn't even be there.

Regardless, I can't do better than 85 on it. No matter what I try.

Comment

I've taken the test 3 times. I DO NOT LIKE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by edonahoe889 View Post
                    I've taken the test 3 times. I DO NOT LIKE IT!
                    Either do I, but it was that test that got me hired.
                    We don't "LOL" here. This isn't facebook or some text message between BFF's who are all OMG WTFJH and DYST? We type and speak as adults. Fix yourself.

Comment

300BUSA I'm happy to hear you got hired congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by edonahoe889 View Post
                        300BUSA I'm happy to hear you got hired congrats!
                        Thanks! It's been a few years though

Comment

I love the guy that heads the testing with them.

"My voice is at about a 3 right now, I can take it to a 10 real easy!"

Comment

Originally posted by RaylanGivens View Post
                            I love the guy that heads the testing with them.

"My voice is at about a 3 right now, I can take it to a 10 real easy!"
                            I still want to see that guy do the sit ups...

Only it's COPS. They'll let him get away with half *** sit ups and still count it. I hate that company.

Comment

Haha Raiden! I remember him saying that when I was testing for Hoffman Estates we all looked at each other like is this guy serious?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8626 users online. 367 members and 8259 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X