Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats solid info right there dogcop....this job is as much physical as well as mental. You have alot of so called genuises that are applying. But it will take more than higher education. If you cant do a bench of atleast your body weight ONCE, that how can you protect yourself or others in the time of need? Also what the hell have these people been doin the past year.

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
      Dumbbell flys? Why wouldn't you dumbbell press? Two different motions. Flys are a good finisher though. But the long and the short of it is, if anyone struggles with the 1 rep bench, you are extremely weak. Now some of the chubby or obese women that have problems I understand if they can't put up 120 lbs. but there should be no man that can't easily do 200 lbs+. The run is also mental in my opinion if you haven't trained up to it. I'm almost 40 years old, HATE running with a passion, have had 2 knee surgeries and have back issue, my main focus is weight lifting and weigh 240 lbs. (muscular, not fat) and make the run in 12.5 minutes. If any 25 year old in good health can't pass this they should be publicly caned in the street. Ha
      I hear ya iv'e been training for the past year and went from 130lbs. to 185lbs. I can run a 8 min mile and bench 230lbs. It just goes to show you what you can do if you really want something, i had the power last Friday and when i saw all those people fail i was thinking the same thing as usmcsniper was saying what the hell was these people doing all this time why would you waste this chance and with how the city work its gonna be a while before they get another chance.

Comment

Will i was thtere friday as well. Some guys that you would think would pass failed. Some that i thought would fail passed. It was a guy there and you could tell all he did was upper body exercise. He ended up failing the sit up. We was down 10-12 people before we even went outside.

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
          Dumbbell flys? Why wouldn't you dumbbell press? Two different motions. Flys are a good finisher though. But the long and the short of it is, if anyone struggles with the 1 rep bench, you are extremely weak. Now some of the chubby or obese women that have problems I understand if they can't put up 120 lbs. but there should be no man that can't easily do 200 lbs+. The run is also mental in my opinion if you haven't trained up to it. I'm almost 40 years old, HATE running with a passion, have had 2 knee surgeries and have back issue, my main focus is weight lifting and weigh 240 lbs. (muscular, not fat) and make the run in 12.5 minutes. If any 25 year old in good health can't pass this they should be publicly caned in the street. Ha
          Agreed. I couldn't believe when my friend told me that out of 100 people at his POWER test last week, 45 failed?? It's unfortunate these people take up all those spots on the list in front of people who legitimately work their butts off to get this once in a lifetime opportunity to work for CPD.

Comment

Well I'm glad for your sakes they failed. There is simply no excuse. No I never have been and never will be a great runner. You throw my 30 pounds of gear on and my composite toe boots on and I'm lucky I can keep up with a stray poodle. I'm just not fast, but I keep my cardio up for my endurance and when the fight is on. God help them when I do catch them, damn how I miss having a dog! Haha
            www.saveavet.org

Comment

I failed the sit up part of the power test but they said the may call me back for an second attempt once they process all candidates what's the chances of me getting called back any advice please

Comment

Edit......
                Last edited by C_Daniels; 01-27-2015, 02:36 PM.

Comment

PT is not a joke wen it comes on runing. I did 1 1/2 in 11:15 minutes. Which on the end I felt like throwing up,fainting, everything. But afterwords it feels good passing it.

I never ran outside in my practice routing. I always run in the gym in the threadmil.

Comment

Originally posted by roy1980 View Post
                    hands only on feet for sit ups or can they put their knees on your feet?
                    It was hands only. On a side note I was told a few times that my head needed to go higher and a few reps weren't counted. I'm lost as to how a rep wouldn't count as long as you go knees to elbows and fingers are interlaced which is how I remained for every rep. That being said I had no issue passing.

Comment

Originally posted by aliera View Post
                      PT is not a joke wen it comes on runing. I did 1 1/2 in 11:15 minutes. Which on the end I felt like throwing up,fainting, everything. But afterwords it feels good passing it.

I never ran outside in my practice routing. I always run in the gym in the threadmil.
                      Most people will not be running a 1.5 that fast and those people might be better off running outside because a treadmill might give them a false sense of security. You were already good. I'll never forget practicing for a charity 5k at my old job. I had a PT test coming up (I'm a Reservist). I figured man we do group runs 1-2 times a week after work and I'm hitting the treadmill after work when we're not doing group runs so I'm good. That was the worst run performance I ever had after I actually "prepared" and it was because I was preparing for a timed and tested run without the same time and terrain stressors as the actual test. I did just fine at the 5k with no problems. I passed my PT test but score poorly and was gassed. Some people know how to train well with a treadmill like yourself. Others you should avoid them unless they know what they're doing. A track won't steer you wrong.
                      Last edited by Joe Snuffy; 09-29-2014, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
                        Most people will not be running a 1.5 that fast and those people might be better off running outside because a treadmill might give them a false sense of security. You were already good. I'll never forget practicing for a charity 5k at my old job. I had a PT test coming up (I'm a Reservist). I figured man we do group runs 1-2 times a week after work and I'm hitting the treadmill after work when we're not doing group runs so I'm good. That was the worst run performance I ever had after I actually "prepared" and it was because I was preparing for a timed and tested run without the same time and terrain stressors as the actual test. I did just fine at the 5k with no problems. I passed my PT test but score poorly and was gassed. Some people know how to train well with a treadmill like yourself. Others you should avoid them unless they know what they're doing. A track won't steer you wrong.
                        I run outside 3 days a weeks 1.5 miles, I do the run on a good day 12:30 on a bad day 13:30 and I run the first half mile straight then walk run walk run and still do go. I hate running on a treadmill, but winters coming so I'm going to have to start

Comment

are the sit ups how many you can do in a minute?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9256 users online. 305 members and 8951 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X