Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks glockguy I saw that earlier, just didnt know if thats what you heard or if the dept recently told you that.

Comment

I was told by my BI and a detective who did my fingerprinting about the potential for 5, of course things happen and change all the time...

Comment

Originally posted by norbs41 View Post
        I was told by my BI and a detective who did my fingerprinting about the potential for 5, of course things happen and change all the time...
        How far in the process are you? Are they still hiring those people for May academy?

Comment

Originally posted by norbs41 View Post
          They told me the same thing. The guy doing fingerprints said from this point on everything should go quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiguy27 View Post
            How far in the process are you? Are they still hiring those people for May academy?
            Just waiting for them to finish the rest of the backrounds (towards the end of March) and then they will be doing interviews. My BI called in early January, if not late December, to start it and I've done the fignerprints and a little personality test. Don't know how many people they're putting through this, Im assuming quite a few.

Comment

Any of you guys in the process now hear of Des Plaines re-sending already certified candidates to Chicago academy? The Sgt that did my background told me it's possible but wasn't sure if I would have to go to the academy again. I'll do whatever I need to do but Just was wondering if any of the recent hires that were already certified got sent?

Comment

Originally posted by brlanha View Post
                Any of you guys in the process now hear of Des Plaines re-sending already certified candidates to Chicago academy? The Sgt that did my background told me it's possible but wasn't sure if I would have to go to the academy again. I'll do whatever I need to do but Just was wondering if any of the recent hires that were already certified got sent?
                I've heard of this before. Departments will do this if the candidate is state-certified but they haven't had a law enforcement job in over a year. They go to an academy, but they don't have to retake the state exam.

Comment

Has DP started anything beyond the test?

Comment

They're looking to move on in the hiring process. I got a call from them last week.

Comment

Anyone have information on how the department is? I know they've had some issues over the past few years and want to know if things are squared away now. And does anyone know how many they still plan on hiring? What kind of shift schedule do they work (days on/off)?
                      Last edited by Golf9; 09-09-2015, 10:14 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9659 users online. 401 members and 9258 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X