• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosemont

Rosemont, any takers?
    "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

No, not at this time.

Comment

I was pumping iron with my freind (UIC cop) when a Rosemont "cop" confronted us and made a dumb remark. He called my freind a security cop. I thought it was funny because Rosemont "officers" are more like firefighters or security officers. What a cocky bunch and I tested for them. SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by 383897 View Post
        What a cocky bunch and I tested for them. SMH.
        When I was up there, Rosemont was famous (or infamous) for using a disproportionate number of part-time officers. I know that they basically re-structured the department, but don't know believe they have any reason to be cocky.

UIC Officers work at all levels and are definitely 'full service'. They back CPD up on a lot of calls from south of The Loop through Pilsen. It was even that way when I went to school there (1982 - 1986).

Last edited by slamdunc; 08-25-2012, 12:39 PM.
        “This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

They still have an auxiliary force of a million it seems.

Comment

They still have an auxiliary force of a million it seems.
            Are they paid auxiliary or volunteer? Do part-time officers still comprise half of their force? I'm not knocking part-time guys.

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

Paid auxiliary. I know they hire alot of retired cpd and other cops for good paying overtime doing traffic control during events. They only have like under 20 full timers. A couple of years ago when my buddy worked fro them, I know he said there was over 200 auxiliary officers working for them.. Some havent worked for quite a while and still kept their stars.
              Alex: You do what you are Jezzie.

Jezzie: You mean you are what you do.

Alex: No, I mean, you do what you are. You're born with a gift. If not that, then you get good at something along the way. And what you're good at, you don't take for granted. You don't betray it.

Jezzie: What if you do, betray your gift?

Alex: Then you betray yourself. That's a sad thing.

Comment

I was pumping iron with my freind (UIC cop) when a Rosemont "cop" confronted us and made a dumb remark. He called my freind a security cop. I thought it was funny because Rosemont "officers" are more like firefighters or security officers. What a cocky bunch and I tested for them. SMH.
                The campus of UIC is bigger than that city, has a higher population too. What a dumbass.

Comment

And don't forget, after Police Academy, it's Fire Academy time. Hope you don't have a fear of climbing a 10 story ladder straight up in the air...

I was at a function out there about 15 years ago and asked a Rosemont guy in the lobby if a friend of mine that was a F/T Rosemont guy was working. I got a cocky "I never heard of him." I said, "Oh, I see you're just an auxiliary, he's a F/T guy, you probably wouldn't know him, sorry to bother you, guy."

Ther are ways to say GFY without actually saying it. LOL
                  Last edited by ChiTownDet; 08-26-2012, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                    And don't forget, after Police Academy, it's Fire Academy time. Hope you don't have a fear of climbing a 10 story ladder straight up in the air...

I was at a function out there about 15 years ago and asked a Rosemont guy in the lobby if a friend of mine that was a F/T Rosemont guy was working. I got a cocky "I never heard of him." I said, "Oh, I see you're just an auxiliary, he's a F/T guy, you probably wouldn't know him, sorry to bother you, guy."

Ther are ways to say GFY without actually saying it. LOL
                    Any bet the guy at the health club is an auxiliary?

Comment

Lol. I thought the city would be called Stephens by now.

Comment

Originally posted by SeVere View Post
                        Any bet the guy at the health club is an auxiliary?
                        Oh, yeah. A F/T guy (probably) wouldn't talk some shiate like that to a stranger.

Comment

Ha. You never kno. It's rosemont. Lmao.

Comment

Starting this thread again, anyone taking Rosemonts physical this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Red_911 View Post
                              Starting this thread again, anyone taking Rosemonts physical this weekend?
                              I tested with them 2 years ago and learned my lesson lol. Good luck if you don't know anyone there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9134 users online. 422 members and 8712 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X