Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Requirements:from Cook County Sheriff CO to a Cook County Sheriff Police Officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Requirements:from Cook County Sheriff CO to a Cook County Sheriff Police Officer

    Does anyone know the requirements to become a Cook County Sheriff Police Officer? Does anyone also know the pay? Thanks!

  • #2
    Lots of juice!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Work either CC Corrections or Court Services, and as Sammy above said, have the phone call to end all phone calls, although being closely related to a County Commissioner, State Rep, will work. People talk about clout or juice on here about PD's a lot, but it absolutely fits CCSPD. No amount of testing or hard work will get you there. This I speak of from personal experience.

      Comment


      • #4
        ^^ Unfortunately its so true! ^^
        Vaya con dios

        Comment


        • #5
          All true what's been mentioned above. Every cook county correctional officer that I have spoken to said that you need juice. I'm sure there's some who were hired without juice but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I was you.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by park88 View Post
            I'm sure there's some who were hired without juice but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I was you.
            And the quickest way to have no "juice" is to talk about who that "juice" is. So you really never know.

            Comment


            • #7
              I know a guy a who tried 3 times for ccspd never got on he has a degree Always works OT and never calls in sick and they never tell you why you didn't get on I think now he's been in corrections 11 or 12 years

              Comment


              • #8
                I don't want to assume anything, but are you with CPD or Cook County Sheriff?

                Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                Work either CC Corrections or Court Services, and as Sammy above said, have the phone call to end all phone calls, although being closely related to a County Commissioner, State Rep, will work. People talk about clout or juice on here about PD's a lot, but it absolutely fits CCSPD. No amount of testing or hard work will get you there. This I speak of from personal experience.

                Comment


                • #9
                  CPD for the last going on 27 yrs. Worked at various other PD's since 1979, including working for the County.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well, that really blows.

                    Originally posted by ochave000 View Post
                    I know a guy a who tried 3 times for ccspd never got on he has a degree Always works OT and never calls in sick and they never tell you why you didn't get on I think now he's been in corrections 11 or 12 years

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Oh wow. That's a really long time. I used to work for AST before I moved to Chicago. I miss working with cops.

                      Maybe you would know this. And I'm not sure if it is true or not. Does CPD have good retirement? What about Cook County Sheriff? All I've seen are from the media and I know that they always do not have 100% of the information.

                      Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                      CPD for the last going on 27 yrs. Worked at various other PD's since 1979, including working for the County.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm sure anyone who hasn't worked for the County and is fresh wouldn't know the knowledge that you do. I don't even know what Shakman is.

                        Originally posted by NissanGTR2012
                        New people that apply at the County always come up to me and say I got a Degree, il never call sick and get on with CCSPD. I just start laughing at them, they obviously don't know or understand how the County works. Then some rambling idiot says, "they got Shakman and I'm gonna get on." I hate to break it to everyone but Shakman WORKS for the County. If you want a steady paycheck come here and work and test for other various PD's. If you don't want to be a glorified babysitter and If you want to become a patrol officer, don't even bother coming over here.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by JustCurious99 View Post
                          Oh wow. That's a really long time. I used to work for AST before I moved to Chicago. I miss working with cops.

                          Maybe you would know this. And I'm not sure if it is true or not. Does CPD have good retirement? What about Cook County Sheriff? All I've seen are from the media and I know that they always do not have 100% of the information.
                          county did have a pretty decent retirement, 32 yrs 80%....but all new people coming in are under the new contract which is pretty bogus...they want you to work til your 67 i believe and with a 401K only (correct me if im wrong) as for CPD not to sure what kind of contract their under now, but both my parents are retired from chicago and they are doing pretty good with their pensions an what not.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            CPD, prior to 01/2011, 20 yrs on at least 50 years old, 50% of the average of your highest 4 yrs out of 10. You go up 2.5 % for every year after , until you reach 30 yrs on and get 75% of your pay as pension.

                            After 01/2011 (new hires), you must be 55 years old to take your pension and get a reduction of 2.5% for every year before you're 55.

                            To attain another year for pension purposes you have to work 1 day into that year, so to max at 75% of your pay, you work 29 yrs and 1 day for 30 yrs on at 75%.

                            Right now and for the last 3 yrs, if you are 55 and retire, the City pays for your health care until Medicare kicks in at 65. Hoping that it stays for next year (fingers crossed, candles lit at church).

                            Detention Aid is not under this pension plan and believe they have to work until 67 to max out.
                            Last edited by ChiTownDet; 06-07-2012, 12:42 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Wow...67 is a lot older/longer years in than other Government jobs require from you. So the new Cook County employees will have 1 retirement plan? Every time the union contracts expire, is another gamble on what you will get today and in the future.

                              Originally posted by Harry Dunn View Post
                              county did have a pretty decent retirement, 32 yrs 80%....but all new people coming in are under the new contract which is pretty bogus...they want you to work til your 67 i believe and with a 401K only (correct me if im wrong) as for CPD not to sure what kind of contract their under now, but both my parents are retired from chicago and they are doing pretty good with their pensions an what not.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 9546 users online. 448 members and 9098 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X