300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idoc hiring status

I took the IDOC test in may and scored high do to the fact of college and work experience. I dont know my exact score, but i feel its high. I was just wondering the dates of the upcoming academies or any information on if the state is looking to hire some this year. I know they budgeted for 5 cadet classes to go though but with all the buget concerns...i dont know where that stands. Any information will help. Thanks.

I know IDOC just let go of a lot of people as of last week.

Comment

Good luck and I do hope you get in but Illinois is financially broke right now. Expect them to cancel some of those classes. Just dont put all your cookies in the same jar.
      Vaya con dios

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. I put in for menard which is one of the shortest staffed prisons. And they are having a lot of problems with inmates attacking officers so they need extra guards but its up to the state to hire not the prison. Im definitely not putting everything in one basket. I have a good job now just not something im interested in.

Comment

Wordz!!!!!

Comment

I just got called this week so apparently there is a class in at the beginning of the year... Hope it turns out good for you.

Comment

Finally got the call!

Comment

I filled out the online form to be notified when they do a round of testing. Could that be on hold as well?

Comment

I dont believe so...they are always testing to have people ready when they hire. I believe they test every 3 months in your area. I just got hired on Wednesday and I leave in January. It took me about a month to get my testing date after i filled that stuff out online. The testing date will be 2 weeks from receiving the packet. I tested august 7, got my scores about a month later with a 76 and got the call on Wednesday to be hired. Orientation is on the 16th and 18th, and like I said I will be leaving for the academy Jan.6. Hopefully that helps with the timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by GS387 View Post
                    I filled out the online form to be notified when they do a round of testing. Could that be on hold as well?
                    When did you fill it out? I filled mine out in August and havent heard about a test. Might be filling it out again pretty soon.

Comment

Hey top flight, that will only delay your application process. If anything you should just call springfield and ask them for information. And they test a lot more often than every 3 months.
                      Vaya con dios

Comment

Eiba, Its been 4 months so far but I will call. I thought it was 6 months from what I've read to re-apply if you haven't heard anything.
                        Are you supposed to receive email notification after you apply?
                        Last edited by topflight; 12-08-2013, 03:59 AM.

Comment

yes they do test more then that but i was told its every month in 3 different regions (sothern, midstate, and upper region). They do it for a whole week. So southern state will test for a week straight in Du Quoin. Then next month its up by Springfield for a whole week. Then upper state for the next month for a week. Repeat. So every 3 months there there should be a week of testing close to you. They should they test about 250 a week. So like 3000 a year.....this is all here say. The people that I was tested by provided me with this information...may not be very accurate.

Comment

Just a bit of info, relax, nothing with the state is quick. They are very slow with testing. Even if you applied over 6 months ago they will send you a letter in the mail to test.

Comment

Well ill just sit and wait then.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7812 users online. 263 members and 7549 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X