Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know for a fact that "the hurst" gets tons of applicants and they move forward very quickly. I know some of the Officers that go through the applications. Spelling counts. If there is a mistake or parts not filled in, you'll get bounced. It's that simple. I know in the past that they have sent people to the poly based on how they scored on the written. Then they review your application and seperate them that way. I have taken about 10 polygraphs in my time and if you show "deception" everyone will bounce you.

Comment

There CSOs too I hear they like to hire

Comment

I have a friend who applied here and he took his polygraph already I don't know how many people they processed so far.

Comment

I heard 25 people got letters for the poly so in assuming the first 25 on the list

Comment

Anyone get the call yet or hear any word. I have a friend starting background with them.

Comment

So does anyone have any information on this department. A friend of mine is close to getting hired. Morale, brass, equipment, stories, etc. Feel free to shoot me a pm if you so choose. Don't know too much on them since I'm in the southwest burbs.

Comment

anyone going for the part time position? i had the same problem as the people above me, got sent for a poly, was told i passed on the spot, but got a "thanks but no thanks" letter...wondering if i should go thru this again .... or not
                Last edited by qw456; 02-07-2015, 12:18 PM.

Comment

What test did they use?

Comment

Originally posted by newsti13 View Post
                    What test did they use?

I called IOS Soultions and they said they aren't sure which tests elmhurst is using. There is 3 aparently to choose from.

Comment

Don't do it.

Comment

^^^^^ why not, if you have something to share about your experience, will you share it with us?

Comment

Just got an email from ios saying they are using LST and SBSA

Comment

I'm here to help. Without going into detail. They will completely exhaust their list. They can afford to be excessively picky and they are indeed. They do not test in the same fashion most departments do, so expect things to be of a different order than you are accustomed to. The interview itself is like no other. If you have any blemish whatsoever, and I mean the slightest of blemishes that is discoverable, do not apply. They will pass you up in search of someone who has never made a poor judgement. If you are seriously interested or have any questions, refer to my signature.

Comment

Originally posted by SLy BLue View Post
                              I'm here to help. Without going into detail. They will completely exhaust their list. They can afford to be excessively picky and they are indeed. They do not test in the same fashion most departments do, so expect things to be of a different order than you are accustomed to. The interview itself is like no other. If you have any blemish whatsoever, and I mean the slightest of blemishes that is discoverable, do not apply. They will pass you up in search of someone who has never made a poor judgement. If you are seriously interested or have any questions, refer to my signature.
                              I wont discredit your experience, but I know three recent hires from EPD and they are far from having no blemishes, nor did they always make good judgements. How did they do the testing out of order, did they send people right to a medical exam right after passing than their written exam? I hope you find your light at the end of the tunnel and sorry you had a bad time with them.

Comment

Not my personal experience.

The order goes:
                                Orientation
                                Written Exam
                                Then a list is compiled from the written scores only. Which is normal up to this point.

Once they call you off the list, first step is poly. Then background. The final step before the offer of employment is the interview. Most pd's place the interview in the very beginning.

The interview is not like most interviews. It's very personal, not the type of interview where everyone gets the same set of 5-6 questions.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4936 users online. 198 members and 4738 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X