300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waukegan

So I had no idea Waukegan was such a large community, I am pretty impressed. Their website is down at the moment so I couldn't find a lot of information or get a feel for the department and wikipedia only has general information, does anyone have any insight on this department? I know there was quite a few officers that were laid off recently so that is an area of concern for entry level candidates like myself. Any information would be greatly appreciated, thank you and good luck to one and all out there on the path to something truly great.

I don't understand why they are testing for new recruits again when they just laid off 15 officers a year ago... Maybe nobody wanted to come back after losing their job.

Comment

Good point. I think I'll make the trip back home for this one. North Chicago is testing the same day but there is a mandatory orientation a few days prior to the test. Coincidence the tests are the same day? Maybe.

Comment

i think they laid off around 8, anyone know for sure?

Comment

Originally posted by NissanGTR2012
          I'd go with Waukegan bro. It's a much larger agency and a lot more opportunities within the dept. North Chicago is a smaller agency and it seems like they have trouble at the administration level with all the exposure they received recently in the newspapers. Both depts are busy but I would go with Waukegan because you have a much better chance of them calling you within a two year span because of the size of the agency.
          You read my mind. I think at least Waukegan has a better organization and morale is higher, the city itself just needs some rebuilding and money. A friend's brother got laid off by them, but they took him back after a couple months. They laid off 15 total last year.

Comment

Wow what a dilema

Comment

I did a ride-along with them in 2010. Great officer I rode with maybe one of the best nights of my life. The night started off kinda of slow but it picked up a lot as time went on. Great bunch of officers from what I could tell.

Comment

I saw one of the older forums for Waukegan and a few guys were talking about studying every day for the written exam. Anyone know what test they use? I was under the impression most writtens were based off of common knowledge.

Comment

I've never seen the word "impressed" used in conjunction with Waukegan.

Comment

Originally posted by DC27 View Post
                    Lol that made my night DC

Comment

Nice....

Comment

LOL. Can't help but laugh at that

Comment

I know some Waukegan firefighters and they all call it "Gotham City".

Comment

I haven't been through there in a long time I know when I used to install cable Waukegan had a lot of apts that looked like training day guard house with a gate and security guard like off of dugdale rd ewwwww lol we couldn't be there past dark

Comment

Anybody on here now what type of schedule they work? I know they are on 12 hour shifts.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7306 users online. 335 members and 6971 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X