Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I passed, mailed my 2nd more detailed application. Have not heard back yet....
    Last edited by knowbudy; 06-24-2012, 04:56 PM.

Comment

How many passed?
      "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

Comment

I passed and did the pre-background packet as well. Sent that in at least a month ago and have not heard a thing since. I called today actually to check the status of everything and was just given an "I'll take your info and give it to the board to contact you". Haven't heard much except negative things coming from that department, but, let's try to be optimistic here and say that some of us young guys who are "just looking for a job" will be able to bring some level and educated heads to the dept. You have got to believe that they know better then anyone what changes their dept needs to make and again, you have to believe they are working towards those changes. Hiring new officers will be a giant step in the process.

Read a few articles in the Lake County News about them recently you might get a kick out of...

http://newssun.suntimes.com/news/134...o-streets.html "Jackson, who was hired in February after the retirement of embattled former Chief Mike Newsome, told the City Council that he “recognized from day one” that the department was understaffed. He said interviews for officer candidates began months ago."

I am not sure when these interviews took place...

Earlier in this thread someone stated that they fired one officer and 6 more were on the chopping block... well.. a second officer was fired recently as well. Here is that story (the guys history is ridiculous) http://newssun.suntimes.com/news/136...legations.html

I am not overly thrilled about NCPD being one of my best options at the moment, as are most of you I am sure. But they need officers, and they will be hiring sooner or later.. most likely some of us. If it is us, we man up, bust our *** in the academy, and go to work for the people of North Chicago who do appreciate what we do and remain respectful to the one's who don't. Keep your head on a swivel....

Comment

How many were on the list when you Signed off on your packet?

Comment

Originally posted by 383897 View Post
            How many were on the list when you Signed off on your packet?
            hard to say, at least 10-15 (ball park) I remember seeing some people had a random number behind their name. Did you turn one in? If so, how many when you were there?

Comment

I was 1......

Comment

My guess is that you good guys and gals will get hired but they will need to test again very soon. Having 50 people at the test, a fraction of those people passing, then a fraction of those people going through the rest of the process, passing it all, and making it through academy and FTO is just not enough of a pool to hire the potential 7-8 or more officers they need. Oh lets not forget to mention that they did not receive ANY lateral candidate applications which did not help their situation either.

I'm interested to see what's going to happen.

Comment

By the time they have orals ill be retired. I was excited at first and now not so much. April test takers haven't even taken the oral exam and no list yet. Oh well

Comment

Originally posted by 383897 View Post
                    By the time they have orals ill be retired. I was excited at first and now not so much. April test takers haven't even taken the oral exam and no list yet. Oh well
                    That's ridiculous. They need new officers, fast. A few weeks ago they had to call in officers from Lake Forest, Vernon Hills, and other towns to help them out because NC had 4 officers for one shift.

Comment

• Still waiting.
                      Last edited by Kuhlers; 09-09-2012, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• I heard they have started interviewing references....

Comment

• From who? I doubt it man. They like quit their process.

Comment

• They have started sending out letters to references requesting some information. I live with one of my references and they received a letter asking a couple different things.

Comment

• Same here. About time.

Comment

• The former chief got arrested for stealiing $140,000 in seized drug money.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/1...-property.html

I turned down a job there 3 years ago. Looking like a great career decision.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8633 users online. 280 members and 8353 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X