Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finley78
    replied
    Still can't believe we haven't heard anything yet.
    The least they can do is just send the letter and let us know if we passed or failed.

Leave a comment:

• Finley78
    replied
    I haven't heard anything since the test. It's only been a little over 2 weeks since we have taken it though. I'm sure we will here something soon, they're probably just trying to figure out what they want to do next and already have our results.
    I am a little anxious to see this list, not too many people there.

Leave a comment:

• Challenger_SRT-8
    replied
    Samething....I was just wondering if anyone's has changed.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Application received you?

Leave a comment:

• Challenger_SRT-8
    replied
    What does your status say when you sign on the website?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Nope......

Leave a comment:

• Finley78
    replied
    Should be getting our letters soon about the written, anyone receive anything yet?
    I have not.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Anyone have any idea of how many the are hiring?

Leave a comment:

• ochave000
    replied
    Originally posted by blueline1032 View Post
    Really? I'm from the area too and I have yet to see a "great area" in North Chicago, Waukegan, or Zion. Please enlighten me.
    Lake county sheriff I hear is a great place to work so is Gurnee pd

Leave a comment:

• blueline1032
    replied
    Originally posted by 383897 View Post
    I'm from the surrounding area. No department is perfect. The city has a lot of great areas.
    Really? I'm from the area too and I have yet to see a "great area" in North Chicago, Waukegan, or Zion. Please enlighten me.

Leave a comment:

• jeffIL
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
    Luckily this isn't a Dept. that makes knee jerk decisions with people's careers because of what's said in the media, by "play reverends," by who packs a city council meeting and screams the loudest, but after a thorough investigation done by an outside agency (ISP)......or not.. Funny, not a lot is said about the interim Chief they brought in from Lake Forest PD that was shouted down at a council meeting by a crowd because "he ain't one of us,." and resigned on the spot. Just where I'd want to work.
    Just like other places discussed here though, guys don't wanna hear it. I get that some of you want a job, but think about it. If you do go there, get out.

Leave a comment:

replied
    This is not as much of a race issue as first believed. Many races within the department have been questioned for the allegations.

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownDet
    replied
    Luckily this isn't a Dept. that makes knee jerk decisions with people's careers because of what's said in the media, by "play reverends," by who packs a city council meeting and screams the loudest, but after a thorough investigation done by an outside agency (ISP)......or not.. Funny, not a lot is said about the interim Chief they brought in from Lake Forest PD that was shouted down at a council meeting by a crowd because "he ain't one of us,." and resigned on the spot. Just where I'd want to work.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Yeah they do. Plus he was on desk, on paid leave, and then fired. Common steps to fire a po.

Leave a comment:

• Finley78
    replied
    don't most departments?
    It is my understanding that government departments do have a union...I could be wrong?
    Last edited by Finley78; 04-27-2012, 03:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7414 users online. 290 members and 7124 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X