X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kuhlers
    replied
    Originally posted by 383897 View Post
    How many were on the list when you Signed off on your packet?
    hard to say, at least 10-15 (ball park) I remember seeing some people had a random number behind their name. Did you turn one in? If so, how many when you were there?

Leave a comment:

replied
    How many were on the list when you Signed off on your packet?

Leave a comment:

• Kuhlers
    replied
    I passed and did the pre-background packet as well. Sent that in at least a month ago and have not heard a thing since. I called today actually to check the status of everything and was just given an "I'll take your info and give it to the board to contact you". Haven't heard much except negative things coming from that department, but, let's try to be optimistic here and say that some of us young guys who are "just looking for a job" will be able to bring some level and educated heads to the dept. You have got to believe that they know better then anyone what changes their dept needs to make and again, you have to believe they are working towards those changes. Hiring new officers will be a giant step in the process.

Read a few articles in the Lake County News about them recently you might get a kick out of...

http://newssun.suntimes.com/news/134...o-streets.html "Jackson, who was hired in February after the retirement of embattled former Chief Mike Newsome, told the City Council that he “recognized from day one” that the department was understaffed. He said interviews for officer candidates began months ago."

I am not sure when these interviews took place...

Earlier in this thread someone stated that they fired one officer and 6 more were on the chopping block... well.. a second officer was fired recently as well. Here is that story (the guys history is ridiculous) http://newssun.suntimes.com/news/136...legations.html

I am not overly thrilled about NCPD being one of my best options at the moment, as are most of you I am sure. But they need officers, and they will be hiring sooner or later.. most likely some of us. If it is us, we man up, bust our *** in the academy, and go to work for the people of North Chicago who do appreciate what we do and remain respectful to the one's who don't. Keep your head on a swivel....

Leave a comment:

replied
    How many passed?

Leave a comment:

• knowbudy
    replied
    I passed, mailed my 2nd more detailed application. Have not heard back yet....
    Last edited by knowbudy; 06-24-2012, 04:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Challenger_SRT-8
    replied
    There was a Lateral Posting the same week Entry Level closed.

Leave a comment:

• Finley78
    replied
    That's doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Leave a comment:

replied
    No laterals were pickled up by North Chicago. Hmmm kinda weird.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Thanks. I think I'm the only one on this board that's left in the process.

Leave a comment:

• Finley78
    replied
    Yeah. I passed.
    Congrats, hope it goes well for you!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Yeah. I passed.

Leave a comment:

• Finley78
    replied
    Anyone else still in the running at North Chicago, anyone know how many passed the test?
    Did you pass?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Anyone else still in the running at North Chicago, anyone know how many passed the test?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Lol fins. I can always count on you. I did not get anything today i already checked. I'm still skeptical I passed the exam. I really thought I bombed it. So its to be determined.

Leave a comment:

• Finley78
    replied
    I called HR today. Then HR and the Police department played phone games lol. The end conclusion nobody knows anything about the testing or status. They said they wanted to get us in a academy in july. There is no way that is going to happen.
    You don't know that...they could skip poly and go right into psych, BI and medical. Based on those who did pass that crazy test...that's prob only a few...they could not knock that out right away...just sayin..
    Lets say half passed...which drops to lets say 20, and they take the top 5 for interview then psych...blah blah...
    I bet you get your letter today...just take a breath man....there are other departments. I'm a true believer in everything happens for a reason....

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13098 users online. 478 members and 12620 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X