Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appreciate the advice Chitowndet and Chgometro. What I said about a "job being a job" obviously came out wrong. I want this as a career, I have wanted it for a while. But in this economy, especially in Illinois, I feel like a job with any department would be pretty great to have and I would definitely take advantage of the opportunity to have a potential career at age 22.
    Now as far as North Chicago goes, I know the area well enough to know that it's no Winnetka or Lake Forest. I guess I just went in with the mindset that if I do land a position with a department, my ultimate goal would be accomplished, without really thinking about what kind of policing I'd be doing as a career. Thanks for the eye opener.

Comment

Who has applied here. This thread is dead. Im torn between here, waukegan and skokie. All on the same day. WOWWZA!
      "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

Comment

I applied via their online app or whatever never got a response. What would be the next step if anyone knows?

Comment

Originally posted by duckies11b View Post
          I applied via their online app or whatever never got a response. What would be the next step if anyone knows?
          Receiving a NIPSTA power card. Then orientation.

Comment

Based on the advice I've gotten on this forum and the advice I've seen on older threads, North Chicago is no longer on my list of places to test for thanks to some good members on here.

Also seeing that Waukegan and Skokie are testing the same day, either of those departments would be much better options to try for. I will be taking Waukegan's.

Comment

What test does North Chicago give?

Comment

Originally posted by duckies11b View Post
                I also applied via the website, it said I should get an email with next step and have yet to receive it. I'm assuming this means the orientation this Wed night. They had the orientation date, time and location listed in the ad. If you need the address and time let me know..
                "Visualize what you want out of life and think big. Don’t feel undeserving. We're all deserving of living our dreams—some of us realize it and some don't. You’re not doing anyone any favors by living small. Embrace these truths and step up. The world is waiting." –Jillian Michaels

Comment

Ok so, in doing some reading on North Chicago (we all know the current knews)...apparently there was supposed to be a community meeting last night and doors were locked. The good Rev. Jackson says that he plans on opening an office up there until reasonable justice has been done. hmmm.....

Anyone else going to orientation tomorrow night, this should be interesting...
                  "Visualize what you want out of life and think big. Don’t feel undeserving. We're all deserving of living our dreams—some of us realize it and some don't. You’re not doing anyone any favors by living small. Embrace these truths and step up. The world is waiting." –Jillian Michaels

Comment

Rainbow push is making a presence. Tmo will be intweresting.

Comment

Good Luck to all
                      Last edited by QuePsi; 04-24-2012, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QuePsi View Post
                        If your about business then show up, but if you want to see the circus just stay home. This is not about Jesse or anyone else. Please if you decide to come do so because you want a job because if your coming to see the circus your actually taking up a spot that some other person could actually use and give of him/herself to the city of North Chicago.

uM....OK. I'm going to see the circus. Why would you want to work there?
                        For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
                          uM....OK. I'm going to see the circus. Why would you want to work there?
                          JeffIL, its cool man not trying to go tit for tat just saying that this city is in dire need of direction and more importantly good people. So if your sincere about applying and not just coming for the show the fine, but if you plan on coming just to see the show then your actually taking a spot away from someone who could actually make a difference. So Good luck to you regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by QuePsi View Post
                            JeffIL, its cool man not trying to go tit for tat just saying that this city is in dire need of direction and more importantly good people. So if your sincere about applying and not just coming for the show the fine, but if you plan on coming just to see the show then your actually taking a spot away from someone who could actually make a difference. So Good luck to you regardless.
                            Lol. No seriously, I laughed. I guess I can enjoy the idealism though.
                            For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

I received the email last night about the orientation for tonight and written for Saturday.
                              Good luck to those that are going.

Comment

6 spots may open up on Friday depending on what happens...This is too crazy...wonder if Jesse Jackson will be at the orientation.

If somehow these officers are let go there is no way they can replace them with 55 candidates in the pool... and that's before the written test. They'll probably have to re-test very soon. Either way a very messy situation.
                                Last edited by Chiguy27; 04-26-2012, 01:42 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11603 users online. 439 members and 11164 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X