• Show
Clear All

• Metra is Hiring...

This gig is not for everyone...

It's good if you need a quick change
    or have been forced out due to a layoff,
    resigned, wife beat you up and kids beat you
    up with the Mother in Law...

NO chance if you aren't certified correct?

Comment

Correct!!!

Comment

I knew the answer I was just trying to believe in that it had changed even though it's written in the job listing of the requirements

Comment

Anyone know if you must be IL certified or if cert from another state(IN cert?) is acceptable.

Comment

Good question...

:/

Help us Mr. Wizard!!!

Comment

Is indianas academy 400 hours? I think that's how you can tell?? I know wisconsins doesn't I heard and iowa and Missouri does from a few officers I talked to that worked there and now in illinois

Comment

It says Ill Cert. in the add. I'd call their HR and the ILETSB to see if you can do it. A couple years back I ran into a Metra guy at work that was ex Munster PD. Don't know if he had just an IN cert when he was hired or not. I do know I've never run into a Metra guy that wasn't an ex municipal copper.
                Last edited by ChiTownDet; 02-24-2012, 08:43 AM.

Comment

They are hiring again.

Comment

How can you apply?

Comment

Google search Metra Police. Then click on Security - Metra. It will bring you up on the info of the department. Then click the employment link at the top of the page. Police Officer will be in the listing of positions on the left of the page. Then click.

Minimum Qualifications

•State of Illinois certification as a Police Officer.
                      •3 years of current, full-time experience as a municipal, county or state Police Officer.
                      •Separation from police service may not exceed a 3-year period.
                      •Must pass a comprehensive background investigation.
                      Consideration will only be given to candidates who possess or exceed these qualifications; various other qualifications surrounding this level of responsibility will be determined during the interview.

Comment

Metra only hires certified police officers.

Comment

In certified is acceptable, certified or no shot. Not sure why you want to pay isnt good, equipment sucks

Comment

Originally posted by mranderson77 View Post
                            In certified is acceptable, certified or no shot. Not sure why you want to pay isnt good, equipment sucks
                            They may make less with another department. They may have worse chances of promotion at another department. The list goes on.

Comment

Does anyone know when they will hire agian. Any metra Ofc on here that can pm for some questions?
                              *G*

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4693 users online. 326 members and 4367 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X