X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazury401
    replied
    Originally posted by Eiba View Post
    You NEED juice here fellas so it looks like I'll put this off to the side for now.
    No juice required.

There's no rhyme or reason as to how Human Resources choses their candidates for the process. I was hired back in late 2011 with seven other guys and the majority of us didn't know a single name/badge working at the department. I can answer any basic questions about the department you may have, but I will note that I resigned to another department after approximately one year of working at Amtrak.

Leave a comment:

• Eiba
    replied
    Perfect, just wanted to get more info. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• anthonyv748
    replied
    I'll offer what little information I have..... I first went through testing with them back towards the end of 2011, completed the written, physical, oral interview, was told they were looking to hire about 18, completed the background investigation, 2 psychological tests and in April 2014 I did their oral psych interview. That was the last time I ever heard from them.... I heard rumors they hired a couple guys who already had the academy. During the whole process they've always said until you get a notice in the mail saying you've been disqualified that you are still being considered. Haven't gotten anything like that. When I applied I saw the ad on the BlueLine and emailed in a resume' I never did the online app so for those that have applied through there I can't offer much help. I do know that they don't do eligibility lists so there's no time table and they have said numerous times that it is the Federal government so they like to drag their heels.

Leave a comment:

• Eiba
    replied
    Does anyone have any information? Did they hire? If so, how many? ANYTHING? Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Eiba
    replied
    You NEED juice here fellas so it looks like I'll put this off to the side for now.

Leave a comment:

• aliera
    replied
    First of all, I been trying to apply. And there's never application open. Try to call HR and never pick up

Leave a comment:

• CHItoDC
    replied
    Originally posted by equalsword View Post
    Nothing even after applying twice for two different applications periods. They must have been looking for guys that were already certified
    I got a cert. Never heard a thing.

Leave a comment:

• slamdunc
    replied
    Originally posted by mranderson77 View Post
    Most rail departments only hirecertified or police academy graduates.
    Most of the time this is the case.
    Never heard of them hiring and sending hires to an academy.
    I have heard of this and actually worked with two officers that UPRR sent to the academy. They were already railroad employees and switched over to management and became Special Agents.

Leave a comment:

• Eiba
    replied
    Most rail departments only hirecertified or police academy graduates. Never heard of them hiring and sending hires to an academy.
    A relative of mine was hired by Amtrak and certified by them.

Leave a comment:

• mranderson77
    replied
    Most rail departments only hirecertified or police academy graduates. Never heard of them hiring and sending hires to an academy.

Leave a comment:

• equalsword
    replied
    Nothing even after applying twice for two different applications periods. They must have been looking for guys that were already certified

Leave a comment:

• Eiba
    replied
    Has anyone heard anything yet?

Leave a comment:

• GS387
    replied
    I just filled out an application online for this position. Is the testing process something separate I need to look into, or will my application trigger any notification of testing?

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Yea_Buddy
    replied
    Anyone currently work for Amtrak? pm me

Leave a comment:

• Challenger_SRT-8
    replied
    Yea that's a bit weird that they don't communicate as to wether you were selected or not, but yes good luck to all. I probably would gage the process on the next cpd metro academy if in fact they will pull some non certs...

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6716 users online. 297 members and 6419 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X