Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amtrak_Illinois hiring.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is Captain Gary Jones still in charge of the Chicago division? I thought I seen somewhere that had changed.

    Comment


    • Has anybody heard anything?? I hate to talk Politics but I heard if Romney wins he is trying to stop government funding for Amtrak. Could this be effecting our potential chances of getting hired?? It just seems like they are waiting for the election result considering Romney views on funding Amtrak.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by LockednLoaded View Post
        A job offer. Only thing I have left is the medical. Waiting patiently which I already forgot about it.
        I'm raising the bs flag on this one. Number one, you have no job offer, they gave you a "conditional" job offer meaning there are still processes that you need to go through. Number two, you didn't even have a psych yet. Number three you didn't have an at home interview. hate to be the deliverer of bad news but you are way off target. Amtrak hasn't changed their hiring process and unless you walk on water there's no way you are out of the forest yet.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by wtfgoeson View Post
          Is Captain Gary Jones still in charge of the Chicago division? I thought I seen somewhere that had changed.
          Do you know anyone who's currently still Active im the hiring process for Amtrak?? If so have they heard anything??

          Comment


          • Originally posted by navgunner21 View Post
            Do you know anyone who's currently still Active im the hiring process for Amtrak?? If so have they heard anything??
            It appears they did at least two sets of interviews and conditional offers of employment. The two I know were in the first group and after turning in their packets they haven't heard a word from Amtrak. One of them said his employer got a call to verify employment a few weeks ago but hasn't heard word one since. The other hasn't heard anything. They are getting a little nervous about the lack of communication. The flip side to that is one is on Joliet's list and he appear to be moving quickly threw their process...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by wtfgoeson View Post
              Is Captain Gary Jones still in charge of the Chicago division? I thought I seen somewhere that had changed.
              He's still there. The Deputy Chief for Chicago was the one that left.

              Comment


              • Still there.
                Last edited by Duke004; 11-29-2012, 12:58 AM.

                Comment


                • Makes me think, I was almost picked up by Amtrak Chicago but got called by BOP with a start date and I could not pass up a sure thing. The process takes a while but is straight forward, written, agility, interview, B.I thats all i know never finished. I remember the interview with the Captain. A overall good guy, and he said that they would be doing a lot of hiring for 2012 and 2013. Good luck guys, seems like a good quasi federal department to work for.
                  “One person can make a difference and every person should try.” JFKsigpic

                  Comment


                  • Mazury401 – Do you if Amtrak Chicago has hired anyone from the group that was in backgrounds late last year? There was some posting that they started backgrounds on a group but haven’t seen anything since.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by wtfgoeson View Post
                      Mazury401 – Do you if Amtrak Chicago has hired anyone from the group that was in backgrounds late last year? There was some posting that they started backgrounds on a group but haven’t seen anything since.
                      January was supposed to be the month to give final offers to at least 7, but now that's been pushed forward to possibly February. Hurry up and wait.

                      You'll see that a lot with Amtrak hiring is "supposed to", "possibly will be" or "maybe will happen." You won't find anyone that can give you a straight answer.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Mazury401 View Post
                        January was supposed to be the month to give final offers to at least 7, but now that's been pushed forward to possibly February. Hurry up and wait.

                        You'll see that a lot with Amtrak hiring is "supposed to", "possibly will be" or "maybe will happen." You won't find anyone that can give you a straight answer.
                        last word i got was they were hired, all certified by the way

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Mazury401 View Post
                          January was supposed to be the month to give final offers to at least 7, but now that's been pushed forward to possibly February. Hurry up and wait.

                          You'll see that a lot with Amtrak hiring is "supposed to", "possibly will be" or "maybe will happen." You won't find anyone that can give you a straight answer.
                          So true..................... It took me about 2 years after testing to get hired.. They forgot about us on the list.
                          I don't answer recruitment messages....

                          Comment


                          • Mazury401 smells like gaddy haha. APD just completed 5 backgrounds all certified as far as I know 3 were sent for medicals. Still no start date yet for the laterals but it will be soon.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ILOFC View Post
                              Mazury401 smells like gaddy haha. APD just completed 5 backgrounds all certified as far as I know 3 were sent for medicals. Still no start date yet for the laterals but it will be soon.
                              Does anyone know if Amtrak hired and if so how many? Do they plan on testing anytime soon again?

                              Comment


                              • 2 started about a week ago and I believe 3 more are starting this coming week. They have 14 or 15 additional openings which they intend on filling. The question is how long it will take them to fill the spots.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10195 users online. 496 members and 9699 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X