Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a "thanks but no thanks" letter. The oral was deceiving.

Comment

• A job offer. Only thing I have left is the medical. Waiting patiently which I already forgot about it.
      "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

• Did they give you a conditional job offer?? Also did you go through background and home visit steps?? I guess the process varies for each candidate. I'm just wondering how long does the background process takes?

Comment

• They gave everyone a conditional offer that passed the oral interview. My background has been processed. There was no mention of a home interview.
          "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

• When did you have your oral??? As well, when did you turn in your background information packet? The process seems to vary from one candidate to the next. Did the background investigator tell you that you investigation was cleared? I'm just trying gauge my time line. It seems like its taking longer than usual.

Comment

• First week of October. Turned in the Blue Book the next morning it was given to me, which was over two weeks ago. This is not longer than usual by any means.

Comment

• Okay, so how long does a process like this takes?? I'm just hoping to hear something in the next couple of weeks that's all. Plus, it seems like every time I'm on here I get different number totals of potential hires from 8 to 20.

Comment

• Originally posted by LockednLoaded View Post
                  First week of October. Turned in the Blue Book the next morning it was given to me, which was over two weeks ago. This is not longer than usual by any means.

Loackednloaded I know a couple guys that received their background package at the end of September and haven't heard back from Amtrack since submitting their packets, similar to what Navgunnwe21 is saying. So it appears you received your packet after them and if I am understanding your post correctly you have been contacted since submitting your packet by Amtrack and had a formal offer of employment (not the conditional offer) and you are now waiting to be scheduled for your medical. If that is correct who contacted you HR or the PD and when was that?

Comment

• Once the blue book is investigated and signed off, it goes to the captain of the division, an inspector and the chief for review.

@wtfgoeson.. There is no "c" in Amtrak...
                    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                      Once the blue book is investigated and signed off, it goes to the captain of the division, an inspector and the chief for review.

@wtfgoeson.. There is no "c" in Amtrak...

orlandofed5-0

Yes, I know there is no "c" in Amtrak. I was posting not spell checking sorry.

So typically how long does it take before you get the call after submitting your background packet? I know its been just over a month for the guys I know. Seems like the background process might take a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by wtfgoeson View Post
                        orlandofed5-0

Yes, I know there is no "c" in Amtrak. I was posting not spell checking sorry.

So typically how long does it take before you get the call after submitting your background packet? I know its been just over a month for the guys I know. Seems like the background process might take a while.
                        Ok.. The agency is very anal about it's spelling...

As far as background. Depends on how many BI's they got and how much work they have to do. BI's do have other duties because they are assigned to CID. I applied to DC in 02 and got hired in 05....

Comment

• orlandofed5-0

Thanks for the info.

Comment

• The Capt. from Philly that did the oral said they need 18 and were trying to do it by the end of the year.

Comment

• Anybody know the names of the two that ran the oral? The Patrolman was "Dean" and the Captain was from Philly. Several guys with experience got bounced. Seems like they might be playing favorites with the open positions.

Comment

• Was it Captain Lee from Philly?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8051 users online. 444 members and 7607 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X