Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it sure seems like it, i have not received an invite to testing!
    "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

Comment

I was curious as Obama has pledged huge grants to LE agencies that hire vets. Its been evident on the Federal side, now the carry over to local/state may be happening. Strictly a hypothesis on my part, though I'm more than a little peeved that I didn't even get an invite to test as a certified officer.
      This is for all you new people. I only have one rule: everyone fights, no one quits. You don't do your Job i'll shoot you myself.

Comment

My friend got an invite with a hs transcript, so yup!

Comment

I'm not sure where jsimmons2932 seems to be getting his information, but please take it with a grain of salt.

Amtrak hired about 18 from the last process, which began in the fall of 2010. There were 3 that were sent to the academy last year and 2 other recruits begin next week. They plan on doing another 15-18 from this list as well. I don't work in Human Resources, so I can't comment on why some people received invitations already and why others didn't. Last I heard, there were about 200 applications submitted.

Comment

Amtrak does not require a cert.

Comment

dante810
              Forum Member
              They are hiring 25 officers
              I fly down next week.

They are hiring 25 for July Academy and 30 got invited to test.

That is who i hurd it from through a pm. He said he talked to the recruiter.

Comment

That is a big hurd, lol.

Comment

You like that?

Comment

Originally posted by jsimmons2932 View Post
                    dante810
                    Forum Member
                    They are hiring 25 officers
                    I fly down next week.

They are hiring 25 for July Academy and 30 got invited to test.

That is who i hurd it from through a pm. He said he talked to the recruiter.
                    Pardon my last post then, please take dante810's information with a grain of salt instead.

Amtrak is authorized to hire 18 this year, that's the magic number so far. I can honestly say with all certainty that they will not send all of them to the academy. I'm sure at least 80% hired will be certified P/O's from other departments.

To those that haven't heard anything yet and are concerned about their application, go back to The Blue Line's job announcement and send an e-mail to the individual listed at the bottom of the job posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazury401 View Post
                      Pardon my last post then, please take dante810's information with a grain of salt instead.

Amtrak is authorized to hire 18 this year, that's the magic number so far. I can honestly say with all certainty that they will not send all of them to the academy. I'm sure at least 80% hired will be certified P/O's from other departments.

To those that haven't heard anything yet and are concerned about their application, go back to The Blue Line's job announcement and send an e-mail to the individual listed at the bottom of the job posting.
                      Thanks, sent one just now. Hope to hear something back.

Comment

Per the Captain at testing. Around 360 applied. 180 invited. Hiring 8. Groups of 20 for physical with 1-4 applicants not showing per group.
                        "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

Two of the Amtrak PO's said that Amtrak was testing around a hundred and hiring 8 for sure and possibly an additional 5. They weren't sure if the additional 5 were going to be from this test or if they were going to test again for them. I don't know how many no shows there was from my time slot but 3 or 4 failed.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy_2006 View Post
                            I don't know how many no shows there was from my time slot but 3 or 4 failed.
                            HA! Which part was it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mazury401 View Post
                              HA! Which part was it?

One failed the bench press, two failed the agility run with the cones. I think we lost one other along the way but not sure on which event.

Comment

Anyone get any info on the next step yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7261 users online. 346 members and 6915 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X