Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should have recieved an email from Amtrak.
    "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical P View Post
      Actually you are referring to the old OPM regulation for 1811s which had a 21-37 age bracket. Therefore you are incorrect in your rebuttal. Also, please do not begin a sentence with "um", it only shows your incompetence. The 37 top limit for age was struck down in a suit against the US DoS recently for eligible veterans qwho were past the 37 mark. OPM determined that age had nothing to do with job performance and now allows those with eligible VA preference to apply and be hired past age 37. As far as the rest of federal law enforcement (non-1811s), agencies may vary in their age limit (Capitol PD still maintains their 37 limit while NGA or CIA is in the 40's).

All that aside, Amtrak does not fall under OPM regulations as they are a "private" corporation and establish their own age brackets, which they do NOT establish - Amtrak has NO published age restrictions to become a Police Officer. Therefore, if they have no basis to an age restriction, they will fall under age discrimination law like any other private company. Therefore to say "[Amtrak is] looking to revamp the department with younger officers", would be a completely illegal hiring practice. Ok, I get it, it's one dude online saying that. However, I made the argument and I'm backing it up.

So what dictates age in hiring for a PD? In the past it had to do with retirement issues commensurate with pensions, and had NOTHING to do with job performance. I am almost 40 and I will absolutely, positively, PT the **** out of 90% of 20-30 year olds "on the job" any day of the week (PM me and we'll make that happen youngsters). Sad because there are many veterans applying to LE agencies across the nation who are "OLD" by government standards but far from it in their heart, mind, and bodies. Just another indicator of the "pussification" of law enforcement. across our great land! Be safe out there boys and girls.
      I wish to take your pt challenge lol.

Comment

I wouldn't expect to hear anything until after the announcement closes. The closing dates vary between the Amtrak and blueline.com sites.

I did get a confirmation of application email.
        This is for all you new people. I only have one rule: everyone fights, no one quits. You don't do your Job i'll shoot you myself.

Comment

Originally posted by 383897 View Post
          I wish to take your pt challenge lol.
          Right on bro - that's the spirit! I'm in northern VA, so anytime, anywhere. Well, not anytime as I have a job, wife, and kids, but you know the deal.

Comment

Got my packet for the PFT for amtrak. anyone else get one?

Comment

no, i applied and have received nothing.

Comment

HOW and When did you receive information about the process? I just checked my status on Amtrak careers and it still says, "in process."

Comment

i received mine!

Comment

HOW and When did you receive information about the process? I just checked my status on Amtrak careers and it still says, "in process."
                    received it last week friday i think.didnt open it till today

Originally posted by jsimmons2932 View Post
                    i received mine!
                    what date is your PFT?

Comment

Does your application still say in progress on the site, evern thoug you have an invite for the test.

Comment

Does your application still say in progress on the site, evern thoug you have an invite for the test.
                        just checked it and yes it still says in process

Comment

may 10th hbu?

Comment

Tha sucks for me. I did not receive anything in the mailt today. I bet calling will not help either. I feel like a lol.

Comment

Can someone pm with a phone number that i can call to see if im supposed to go to this test please. I would appreciate it very much.

Comment

it will be fine man keep your head up! Ive seen you on here for a while now you will get a chance.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10764 users online. 490 members and 10274 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X