Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were people interested here applying though the Amtrak site? Got a damn Mac which the Amtrak career site doesn't jive with. Did see that they had it posted on Monster.com though.
    This is for all you new people. I only have one rule: everyone fights, no one quits. You don't do your Job i'll shoot you myself.

Comment

Did anyone here apply to this? And does anyone know their hiring process/times?

Comment

Originally posted by duckies11b View Post
        Did anyone here apply to this? And does anyone know their hiring process/times?
        The whole process is a little less than a year.

Physical, written, interview, personality test, psych eval, psych interview, background, & medical.

Comment

What's a job with this department like?

Comment

Did anyone get a status update on their application? i.e. received, in process, etc?

Comment

My co worker just got hired.

Comment

^did he apply just recently or beforehand?

Comment

What's the turnover rate? Cause I see them hiring a lot

Comment

Curious, what is the patrol area for amtrak?

Comment

If you have a college degree......apply. !
                      "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

Comment

Originally posted by Mazury401 View Post
                        The last hiring cycle consisted of hiring roughly 14 officers, 11 of them were laterals and the age range for them was 25-45ish. The other 3 young guys were sent to the academy. I'd have a tough time proving they were discriminating.
                        Gee, why don't you narrow that down, 25-45ish?! And it isn't tough to narrow it down if you sue and subpoena the department for their hiring practices.

Comment

Originally posted by SeVere View Post
                          Um...not if they made a 21-35 age requirement like a whole lot of departments do including federal agencies.
                          Actually you are referring to the old OPM regulation for 1811s which had a 21-37 age bracket. Therefore you are incorrect in your rebuttal. Also, please do not begin a sentence with "um", it only shows your incompetence. The 37 top limit for age was struck down in a suit against the US DoS recently for eligible veterans who were past the 37 mark. OPM determined that age had nothing to do with job performance and now allows those with eligible VA preference to apply and be hired past age 37. As far as the rest of federal law enforcement (non-1811s), agencies may vary in their age limit (Capitol PD still maintains their 37 limit while NGA or CIA is in the 40's).

All that aside, Amtrak does not fall under OPM regulations as they are a "private" corporation and establish their own age brackets, which they do NOT establish - Amtrak has NO published age restrictions to become a Police Officer. Therefore, if they have no basis to an age restriction, they will fall under age discrimination law like any other private company. Therefore to say "[Amtrak is] looking to revamp the department with younger officers", would be a completely illegal hiring practice. Ok, I get it, it's one dude online saying that. However, I made the argument and I'm backing it up.

So what dictates age in hiring for a PD? In the past it had to do with retirement issues commensurate with pensions, and had NOTHING to do with job performance. I am almost 40 and I will absolutely, positively, PT the **** out of 90% of 20-30 year olds "on the job" any day of the week (PM me and we'll make that happen youngsters). Sad because there are many veterans applying to LE agencies across the nation who are "OLD" by government standards but far from it in their heart, mind, and bodies. Just another indicator of the "pussification" of law enforcement. across our great land! Be safe out there boys and girls.

Comment

Originally posted by chihopefull View Post
                            Curious, what is the patrol area for amtrak?
                            Chicago Union Station will the be main area of patrol, but the Chicago officers complete reports for any incident involving Amtrak throughout the midwest region.

Comment

Nice post.
                              "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

Comment

So anyone find out their application status. I applied but go no confirmation as to whether or not they received my application, applied on-line and sent an email with resume to HR. Tried to call them to track the status but go nowhere with it other than " we're swamped with apps and we're sure we have yours somewhere" :/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10336 users online. 509 members and 9827 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X