Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It says certified preferred not required.

Comment

• Anyone have any updated info? Good luck to all!

Comment

• Looks like they are testing again.

Comment

• Has anyone ever received a thanks but no thanks response? I noticed that another posting for Chicago Amtrak Police Officer dated 5/30/2014. Just wondered if they ever exhaust any of the previous announcements by notifying applicants that they were not selected to go forward with the process before posting a new announcement?

Comment

• i have a feeling that they may be looking for certified people. i applied to the posting last month and never heard a word and just applied to the one they posted a couple days ago.

Comment

• Could be. Just disappointing with the technology available today, agencies don't (or maybe it is won't) invest in some sort of system that at least updates applicants on their current status. I know that agencies obviously have the upper hand in hiring, but it would be nice to know that you are no longer being considered before a new announcement is issued. And quite frankly, if they are looking for certified people, then just put that in the announcement. Oh well, good luck to everyone!

Comment

• Yea that's a bit weird that they don't communicate as to wether you were selected or not, but yes good luck to all. I probably would gage the process on the next cpd metro academy if in fact they will pull some non certs...

Comment

• Anyone currently work for Amtrak? pm me

Comment

• I just filled out an application online for this position. Is the testing process something separate I need to look into, or will my application trigger any notification of testing?

Thank you!

Comment

• Has anyone heard anything yet?
                      Vaya con dios

Comment

• Nothing even after applying twice for two different applications periods. They must have been looking for guys that were already certified

Comment

• Most rail departments only hirecertified or police academy graduates. Never heard of them hiring and sending hires to an academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mranderson77 View Post
                            Most rail departments only hirecertified or police academy graduates. Never heard of them hiring and sending hires to an academy.
                            A relative of mine was hired by Amtrak and certified by them.
                            Vaya con dios

Comment

• Originally posted by mranderson77 View Post
                              Most rail departments only hirecertified or police academy graduates.
                              Most of the time this is the case.
                              Originally posted by mranderson77 View Post
                              Never heard of them hiring and sending hires to an academy.
                              I have heard of this and actually worked with two officers that UPRR sent to the academy. They were already railroad employees and switched over to management and became Special Agents.

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

• Originally posted by equalsword View Post
                                Nothing even after applying twice for two different applications periods. They must have been looking for guys that were already certified
                                I got a cert. Never heard a thing.
                                This is for all you new people. I only have one rule: everyone fights, no one quits. You don't do your Job i'll shoot you myself.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8352 users online. 363 members and 7989 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X